─ ⁰⁷. YOU'RE NOT OUT OF STINK

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕 *•. ┄┄

𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒂𝒕, 𝒂 𝒄𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒉, 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒅𝒐𝒈!

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"Up!" Hermione said fiercely, almost instantly the school broom came flying up to her hand.

"Great, Hermione!" Harry cheered.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were currently standing in the Quidditch pitch. After Hermione's announcement about wanting to learn how to ride a broom, Harry decided that she should start soon. Hence, why they were there.

"Okay. Now put one leg over it and take off the floor," said Harry vaguely, then giving her a sheepish look as Ron snorted. "Like—er—kick off the floor. . . ."

"You are the vaguest teacher ever, Harold Pottery," said Hermione with a shake of her head, and her lips twitching up causing Harry to laugh.

She put a leg over the broom, property sitting on it, and forgetting all about her fear of going face-straight into the ground due to gravity, she kicked off the floor, promptly making the broom go up.

Hermione laughed in amazement as she looked down. She was about three feet off the floor and Harry and Ron were smiling at her. Hermione stopped laughing, and biting her lip—not sure how it was going to play out—she leaned forward on the broom, making it zoom forward. Hermione let out another laugh as the wind surrounding her made her hair fly, and pulled the handle up to gain some more distance from the ground.

She was a natural. That was the only possible explanation because she really didn't understand why she wasn't falling off or why people found it hard.

She loved it.

She loved being in the air, adrenaline pumping through her veins, the air around her hitting her face as she zoomed towards the sky.

Now totally ignoring the two boys on the ground, Hermione started to speed away through the air, laughing as she did loops and quick turns.

A while later, she finally came back down, a grin broad on her face and some hairs falling out of her ponytail.

"That was. . . ." Ron trailed off not knowing what to say.

"That was amazing, 'Mione!" said Harry looking utterly impressed, beaming at the curly-haired witch, "You're a natural!"

"I know!"

"You should try out for the team!" Harry said excitedly, "We could be in it together!"