Chapter 64

"So what are you thinking?" Sam looked to Bucky who was seemingly deep in thought.

"Well, I know what we have to do. When Isaiah said 'my people'" Bucky starts.

"Oh, don't take that to heart, that's not what he meant." Sam cut in.

"No, he meant HYDRA. HYDRA used to be my people." You scoff at Bucky's words.

"Not a chance." You tell him sternly.

"Walker doesn't have any leads." Bucky continues.

"I know where you're going with this, no." You tell him once more.

"He knows all of HYDRA's secrets. Don't you remember Siberia?"

"Yes I remember Siberia, I was there" you remind him, shivering at the memory.

"So you're just gonna go sit in a room with this guy?" Sam asked him, ignoring your protests.

"Yes." Bucky hesitates, glancing at you.

"Okay, then. We're gonna go see Zemo." Sam states. You start walking ahead of the two in frustration.

"Y/n, come on!" Bucky called after you, catching your wrist in his metal hand but immediately dropping it, not wanting to hurt you. You whip around to face the brunette with a stern gaze through teary eyes. "We have to do this"

"I can't watch him mess with you mind, not again"

"You won't have to, I promise" he looks to you with sincerity in his blue eyes.

Berlin, Germany

"He's just through that corridor." The guard pointed you and the boys down the hallway.

"All right. Give us a sec." Bucky tells the guard and he leaves you three alone. "I'm gonna go in alone." The brunette starts.

"Why?" You question.

"'Cause you're an Avenger, you know how he feels about that." Bucky nods to Sam. "And well, you worked with shield for a number of years, trust me okay?" Bucky looks to you as he speaks this time.

"Look, it's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together." Sam points out.

"He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together. Trust me, I got it." With that he walks off to Zemos cell. You and Sam both move to lean against the wall as you wait. Sam notices you tense up as soon as Bucky is out of your line of sight.

 Sam notices you tense up as soon as Bucky is out of your line of sight

"He'll be fine" Sam reminds you. The guard speaks German to the other security guard before the door is buzzed open.

"Желание. (Longing.)" Zemo starts as he stands from the shadows. "Ржавый. (Rusted.)" he takes a step forward. "Семнадцать. (Seventeen.)"

"Those days are over." Bucky tells him from the other side of the glass barrier.

"I know. I just wanted to see how the new you reacts to the old words." Zemo steps up to face Bucky. "Something is still in there. At least you were not conscious for most of your imprisonment."