Chapter 72

"Y/n?" A small voice called your name.

"Grace" you turned around swiftly to find the small girl. "Hey"

"Where's he going?" She looks past you.

"He's just doing something, but you don't need to worry about it" you tell her. "Now I need to go help him, will you be okay here?" You ask with concern lacing your voice. She nods as her hair falls into her face. "Thank you" you brush the hair from her face before waving and running off again.

"I lost her." Bucky sighed as he ran into Sam.

"This place is a maze." Sam reply's.

"Where is she?" You run into the both of them.

"Where were you?" Sam demands.

"I was talking to Grace so that she didn't try and follow Bucky and I into danger" you snap back.

"Is she okay?" Bucky questions with a new kind of concern for the young child that you had only met hours ago.

"Yeah, she's fine" you tell the blue eyed man beside you.

"Good, let's go" Bucky leads you off to find her.

"What did we miss?" You asked, running into the basement to find Zemo on the ground and John standing above him.

~~~

"Were you ever offered it?" Zemo questions Sam as he lays on the couch with a cloth over his eyes.

"What?" Sam turns around from looking at his computer.

"The serum."

"No."

"If you had been, hypothetically, that is, would you have taken it?"

"No."

"No hesitation. That's impressive" he pulls the cloth from his eyes. "Sam, you can't hold out hope for Karli. No matter what you saw in her, she's gone. And we cannot allow that she and her acolytes become yet another faction of gods amongst real people. Super Soldiers cannot be allowed to exist."

"Isn't that how gods talk? And if that's how you feel, what about Bucky or y/n? Blood isn't always the solution." Sam tells Zemo.

"Something's not right about Walker." Bucky comments as he enters the house and pulls off his jacket to reveal the black tee shirt underneath.

"You don't say." You follow in behind him quickly. You and Bucky had both gone to find Grace after the events of the afternoon but she and the others were gone before you had the chance. Now both of you were heated by not knowing what the government was going to do to her.

"Well, I know a crazy when I see one. Because I am crazy." Bucky said, pouring himself a drink of whiskey then pouring you one.

" Bucky said, pouring himself a drink of whiskey then pouring you one