Chapter 12

I got out from Lexi's car and pulled on my skirt. "This is so uncomfortable"

"You're doing fine" Lexi dragged me out of the parking and Brian stood at the entrance waiting for us.

When he saw me, his eyes widened. "Wow! when you said short, I didn't expect it to be this short"

I pulled on my clothes again. "What do you expect me to do? My clothes got kidnapped. I have no choice but to wear Lexi's for today"

Lexi was a lot shorter than me so her clothes don't exactly fit me. The skirt I wore today was too short and the shirt was too tight. And all of this happened thanks to Ian stupid Kingston.

Even though he invited me to live in his luxurious Prescott penthouse I would never ever live with him. If he gave it to me as a present I might reconsider but never, not ever will I live with him. So being downgraded to status homeless, I crashed into Lexi's last night like I got robbed - which I actually did.

"So you're gonna buy new clothes today?" Brian asked and I sighed heavily.

Spending money was never my favourite thing.

"It's not just clothes he stole. He even got my laptop, my books, my penholder and many more. But yeah" I pouted. "I have to buy an entire wardrobe today" I slumped my shoulders in defeat.

I knew asking Ian was never an option. He would never give them back. I had to find an alternative. Like, smacking him with a cement bag or pushing him off a cliff.

"What about your other things?"

I sniffled in sorrow. "Let's just think that's a tomorrow's problem"

"So how long are you gonna stay with Lexi?"

I sighed. "Till I find a cheap place"

After sharing my miserable life story with Brian we walked inside the ATC. As we did, someone suddenly whistled from the lobby.

I turned to it's direction and saw Oliver, an employee from another department, leaning against a pillar with his friends.

"Never knew you were so hot Hailey" Oliver smirked, his eyes checking me from head to toe. His friends gave me the same lust full gaze and I felt anger and discomfort at the same time.

I pulled my handbag in front of me to cover myself and glared at them. "Go choke on your tiny dicks assholes!" I spat angrily and strode forward.

Lexi gave them the middle finger and Brian glared at them before getting on to the crowded elevator with me.

Inside, I could feel even the older guys checking me out, their gazes lingering on my butt and then on my breast. I wanted to claw their eyes out but their positions in the company were higher than mine. I was completely powerless. If only I could meet them outside ATC I would - hit hit double smack punch and kick where the sun doesn't shine.

When the elevator opened I stomped out and grabbed a tissue from my bag, wiping the sweat in my forehead.

"I can't wear this" I groaned. "Everyone is looking at me. And to be honest-" I looked down at my clothes. "This is not very work appropriate either. The VP will kill me"

"Just wait till evening" Lexi placed her handbag on her desk and sat down. "We'll buy new ones"

"Fine" I exhaled in dejection and collapsed into my chair.

Across the room, VP spotted me and she lowered her glasses to get a good look at my clothes.

"I'm not gonna say anything Evans. You already give me too much blood pressure" She placed her hand on her chest and took a deep breath, calming her temper. Then narrowed her eyes. "But don't you dare think being the CEO's fiancé could get you out of this"