Chapter Nine

(This chapter gets steamy)

Clementine's P.O.V

"Dove, you need a bigger paintbrush! That one's too small." Bucky chirps from across the deck where he was sanding down the planks of wood. I sat on my knees with the paintbrush in my hand, already dipped in mahogany paint "Bucky this one is fine! it's doing its job" I call back, rolling my eyes as I swipe the brush across the wood. Bucky shakes his head laughing as he goes back to focusing on his task. I subtly steal a few glances at him, his t-shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows, maroon rag hanging out of the back pocket of his skinny jeans. His tongue pokes out of his mouth as he concentrates, the motion instantly drying up my mouth, I shake my head and turn back to the paint pot in front of me.

"You okay over there Dove?" Bucky asks, smirking as he stands up straight and walks over. I hum in response as he crouches down behind me, his chin brushing my shoulder "I'm almost done" I say, painting the last bit of decking. I smile to myself, proud of how the wood looks "It looks great Dove, Sam will love it. Welldone Picasso" Bucky compliments, straightening up and holding his hand out to me with a wide grin on his face. I grab his hand and he pulls me to my feet "was that compliment! Wow thanks, Sergeant" I joke.

Bucky's hands hold mine tightly as he tugs me into his chest. I look up at him with wide eyes "say that again" he demands softly, eyes shining as his nose brushes mine. I can't speak, not with the smell of his cologne clouding my senses and the feel of his body against mine, his nose nudges mine "say it again Dove." I tilt my head back to meet his eyes, his eyes are dark and a small smirk on his lips.

"Sergeant" I breathe out.

"Nope, not on my boat."

Bucky growls lowly as we turn to see Sam, staring at us with his arms crossed over his chest. I pull away from Bucky, much to his dismay as he subtly pinched my thigh. "Great timing Sam" Bucky bites out sarcastically. Sam chuckles, patting Bucky's chest as he walks past him "I know It's a skill" he teases, coming over to look at the deck "it looks good! thank you." he gushes, squeezing my shoulders. I cleared my throat "I'm gonna go get a drink, I'll grab you two a couple of beers" before they could say anything I hoped off the boat.

.................

Sam and Bucky sat against the edge of the boat, the case Bucky bought sat on the makeshift table in front of them. I walk over to them with three beers in my hands, Bucky's the first to spot me and holds his hand out to me "Thanks" I smile, gripping his hand as he helps me into the boat. I hand him a beer smiling up at him, almost forgetting about Sam completely "we did good today!" I celebrate, passing Sam his beer.

"We did" Sam agrees, smiling at the water. Bucky stands up with a sigh "well, gotta catch my flight tomorrow. Get a hotel for the night and crash, you know?" he muses downing the remainder of his beer. Sam shakes his head smiling "you're just gonna set me up like that, huh?" he teases, Bucky rests his hands on his hips. "I don't wanna make it weird for your family" he says gesturing to the family home. Sam rolls his eyes "just stay here. The people in this town are the most welcoming people in the world. They don't care if you were extra small t-shirts, or if you have six toes, or if your aunts your mom."

Bucky bursts out laughing "Okay, I get it. The people are nice" he exclaims. I giggle at them standing up and stretching my arms out "but don't flirt with my sister!" Sam warns. Bucky shakes his head smiling "because if you do, I'll have Carlos cut you up and feed you to the fish" he adds sternly. I slap my hand on Bucky's shoulder "I don't think you need to worry Sammy, I recon Bucky doesn't know how to flirt. Anyway's I'm going to go claim my couch before Bucky steals it" I tease, quickly stepping out of the boat and walking away, grinning to myself.