20

The quinjet soon landed, and the team slowly made their way off. Tony, Bruce, and Steve were at the front, followed soon after by Clint, Thor, Natasha, Wanda, and Vision. Behind them were Y/n and Bucky, who were walking a little slower as they tried to take in their surroundings. But, right at the back were Peter, Scott, and Sam. Peter and Scott were barely walking, their mouths wide open in shock at everything. Sam had his hands on Peter's shoulders, pushing him to get him to keep walking. God, why did he have to do this? "Keep going, kid. It's not like I wanna catch up with the rest of the team or something." He grumbled. Scott was trying his hardest not to get distracted by everything, nodding quickly as he heard Sam speak to Peter. "Right, right. Catching up with the team." He mumbled to himself, quickening his pace. Peter was completely in his own little world, pointing over at people who went past of what seemed to be a hoverboard. "Are you seeing this?!" He exclaimed excitedly. 

"Your highness." Bruce greeted with a nod as they finally approached the king of Wakanda. The king shook Bruce's hand with a smile. "Please, call me T'Challa." He hummed, greeting the rest of the team with a nod. Shuri snickered slightly at the sight of Peter looking so awestruck, causing her mother to lightly slap her shoulder. "Don't laugh at the guests." She scolded quietly, causing Shuri to roll her eyes with a sigh. 

As Bruce and T'Challa talked, y/n nudged Bucky's side with her arm to get his attention. "Y'know, when Bruce said 'old friends' I was really expecting just some other scientists... Not literal royalty." She murmured with a slight smile. She'd been to a lot of places in her time, but this was definitely new. Bucky chuckled a little, glancing over at y/n. "That's the thing that's got you surprised? Not the hidden forcefield?" He teased. Y/n laughed slightly as she rolled her eyes. "That too." She grinned.

"Enough of the chitchat, follow me!" Shuri suddenly announced after a few more minutes of talking. Her brother could talk for hours, and she didn't have the patience for that. "Hey, Spiderboy! You're going to want to see this!" She called out, gesturing for Peter to come up to the front with her as they walked down to the lab. Peter's eyes widened as his name was called, surprised the princess was talking to him. "My name's Peter!" He called out as he jogged up the front to walk with Shuri. "I'm uh, I'm really impressed by all this tech! Who made it?" He asked curiously, trying his hardest not to get distracted again - he was around royalty, he needed to focus. Shuri laughed slightly at Peter, gesturing to herself. "I did." She grinned. "But if you think this is impressive, you've got another thing coming. We're going to my lab." Peter's eyes widened in surprise. "You have a lab?? I've been asking Mr Stark to allow me to have my own lab for so long I-" Peter rambled in excitement, cutting himself off when he realised he was rambling. "Sorry, I'm excited." He said with a smile, rubbing the back of his neck out of embarrassment. Shuri nodded as she watched Peter, it was quite nice to see someone so excited by it all. "I can tell!" She teased with a laugh.

They soon arrived in the lab, and Peter was more in awe than ever before, his jaw practically on the floor the whole time. "Can I?" He asked in excitement. Shuri nodded quickly with a wide grin. "Go ahead, just don't break anything!" Peter nodded, immediately hurrying off to explore the lab, trying his hardest to keep his hands to himself. 

Y/n looked around the lab with wide eyes, sticking close to Bucky just in case. "Ah, so you must be the famous Mimic." T'Challa smiled as he made his way toward her. "We've heard a lot about you over the past few weeks." He hummed, gesturing for y/n to take a seat on one of the medical beds in the lab. Y/n smiled politely, glancing over at Bucky for reassurance before she made her way toward the bed. "You have?" She asked curiously. Y/n still wasn't used to people knowing who she was - it was nice, of course. But she was used to being hidden away. "Of course we have! You're supposed to be a myth!" Shuri exclaimed, pulling up some images of how the internet was reacting to her being real. T'Challa sighed a little at Shuri's interruption. "What my sister is trying to say is that nobody has ever come across powers like yours before. We are aware of your past, but we are also aware that your original power was not given to you by Hydra." T'Challa explained, apologising a little as Bucky and y/n flinched at the mention of Hydra. "Bruce sent your bloodwork over to us. And we were able to identify that your powers are something that has been in your family's genetics for centuries. So it is likely you inherited it from your grandmother or father." He explained carefully, he'd been warned that family was a touchy subject, but he had to bring it up. Y/n nodded slowly, trying to wrap her head around it all. She didn't remember her grandparents at all, but it made sense on why her parents didn't have powers. It must have skipped a generation. "That then explains how 'they' were aware of you, and not just because of the news articles. They had probably been tracking your family for years." T'Challa said with a frown. It was sad that there was probably no way for y/n to have escaped Hydra. They'd been tracking her family for so long, they just needed time to strike. Y/n's breath hitched at the mention of her family being tracked, sitting up a little straighter. She could already hear the man in the suit's voice in her head again, she didn't want to have another flashback. "Can we speed this up?" She asked quietly, taking in a shaky breath as she glanced around for Bucky, who seemed to be distracted by Peter. 

T'Challa quickly nodded when he realised how stressed out y/n had gotten. "Of course, sorry." He apologised, swiping away the articles from the screen. "The reason you're really here is because we don't know the full extent of your powers. We don't know how many things you can mimic, and how quickly. So we have a training room set up which will test that. We can see how good your fighting skills are, and you'll be put up against the rest of the team. You'll be wearing a few of these, which will then send signals back to Shuri so we can understand your powers more." T'Challa explained, handing y/n what seemed to be some sticky dots that she could apply to her skin. Y/n nodded cautiously as she took the dots, seeming very nervous about it all. T'Challa set a reassuring hand on her shoulder with a smile. "Do not worry. You won't hurt anybody. This is just training. You can stop at any time." T'Challa hummed with a nod. Y/n glanced up at T'Challa with a weak smile, seeming a little reassured by the fact that they could stop at any time. "Okay..." She murmured. About to say something else before a loud smash was heard.

"Oops! I'm sorry! I'll pay for that! I mean, I probably can't afford that- Mr Stark will pay for that!"