Chapter 10

After standing in the steaming hot shower for the past half hour, I get out and change my clothes, I wore a casual outfit not as formal as I usually wear

After standing in the steaming hot shower for the past half hour, I get out and change my clothes, I wore a casual outfit not as formal as I usually wear. Taking a seat in my living room, I pull out my phone and attempt to get some work done until the five arrive.

 Taking a seat in my living room, I pull out my phone and attempt to get some work done until the five arrive

The five are some of the most skilled people in the underworld. John the hacker, Maze the warrior, Matteo the psychopath, Rico the don of the Spanish mafia, and Samara the notorious assassin.

We're close, but we're all busy with our own things. I call them up for important missions and to check in and make sure they are alive. When we meet up with each other we are allowed to be our real selves, except me. I may not be the donna, but it's all mine, I just have Rico handling it right now. He works for me, so I am his boss, I'll take over when I feel it's time to settle. 

I may only be 17, but they're my responsibility.

Rico is 20 and Matteo is 19 and they're brothers, l have never seen two people love each other as much as they do. 

Rico is someone that I will always have a special place for. I don't know what it is, but there's something about him that I'm still trying to figure out why I like. It drives me insane that I can't figure out what this feeling I have is.

Matteo is perfect in his own messed-up way. He's always happy, cheering everyone up. It's not possible to say no to him or be mad at him, he was his way with me. Even being an idiot, when he gets into his dark mindset, it's like he's not even Matteo anymore. That's why I tend to keep him and John away from work like that as much as I can.

Don't shelter him.

 Maze is 18 and amazing at what she does. When I first met her she was broken, but I saw her turn into this beautiful and strong, independent woman. She works for me instead of the mafia, and I can openly say she plays a great role in my success. John definitely has a crush on her, but I know nothing.  

"Finally finished my homework", John yells, running out of his room and jumping on me. Ass. 

"Get off me you cow", I push him off me and he falls onto the ground.