Once Upon A December

Tw: shooting, stabbing, violence, injury description
This isn't bad I swear😭😭😭
I just had this idea so here ya go

~

Dancing bears
Painted wings
Things I almost remember
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December

That song was all Peter remembered.
It rang in his ears late at night, the soft melody drowning out all problems in the world.

Sometimes he would go outside, sit on the roof and gaze up at the starry night sky, each star a beacon of hope that he would wish upon.

He would hum the song on the way to school, he would sing it while he was doing his homework.
He would wind up his music box, the only thing he had left of his previous life.

You see, Peter was found.
On the side of a street.
He had no memories, a large gash to the head took care of that.

Nobody else understood his pain.
The pain of not knowing who you are.

He was taken to a children's home, before he was adopted by Richard and Mary Parker.
They died in a plane crash.
And so he was bestowed upon May and Ben Parker.
Ben was killed right in front of him.
The sight of his uncle, bleeding out on the floor reminded him of something, long ago.

When he was 14, a radioactive spider bit him and so the reign of spiderman began.

If it wasn't for spiderman, he would have never discovered who he truly was.

~

There was rumour going round, a rumour that Tony Starks son had survived that terrible night, as a body was never found.
They had found the bodies of Howard and Maria Stark, as well as the mother of Tony's son, Meredith.

It had happened at the stark expo years ago, with all the robot stuff going on, an assassin by the name of 'the winter soldier' killed the entire family.
They were brought down to the basement and shot, stabbed if they were still alive and their bodies were buried deep in the woods.

Tony Stark had been devastated, his entire family was killed, as well as his beautiful boy and his fiancé.

But he began to move on, away from the trauma - he got married to Pepper Potts, dedicated his life to iron man and saved the world countless times.

But then they found the bodies.

Tony was submerged back into that world, the world he had tried to leave behind long ago.
They found the bodies of three people.
One was missing.
His child was missing.

He had nightmares about what could have happened to him, he was certain that little 5 year old Phillip was dead, there was no way he could have survived.
But inside him there was a flicker of hope.
He would hum a tune solemnly, a tune from a music box that he gave Phil when he was a plucky 2 year old.
The boy had carried it around with him everywhere.
He had it the day he died.

~

When Peter was found he was in a mangled state.
On the side of a road, a giant gash on his head and bullet and stab wounds.
He was clutching a music box, it was pretty and had the letter 'p' carved on the top. That was the reason they called him Peter.

One day, he had a field trip with his school to the stark expo, it had been turned into a museum.

As soon as Peter stepped into the building he had a strange feeling.
He knew this place.
He wondered away from Ned and his class, and found himself lost.

He navigated blindly through the hallways, until he came to a room.
The room was dusty, and when he opened the door, it was clear nobody had been in there for years.

It was comfortable, with a lavish sofa and bar in the corner.
It was obviously made for a family, as there were children's toys littered around.

Peter suddenly realised that this was the room that Tony Stark and his family would have stayed in.
He picked up a picture frame that resided on the little table next to the sofa.
It was of the family.
Tony Stark with Meredith, who was holding baby Phillip, and behind them Howard and Maria, looking like proud grandparents. A man in sunglasses sat in the corner of the frame, protecting the family.
Peter vaguely recognised him as the Head of security for stark industries, although he was alot younger in the photo.

Peter hummed to the tune of his music box, before softly singing.

"Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully across my memory."

He began swaying to the sweet melody, transported through time as he remembered sitting in this room, his father smiling at him.

"Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Things it yearns to remember.
And a song
Someone sings."

"Once upon a December."

Peter swirled around at the low voice he heard and l he saw none other than Tony Stark!
He was leaning against the door frame, his head creased with confusion.

"Oh my God - sir, I'm so sorry I shouldn't be in here." Peter stuttered.
He tried to walk past him but Tony stopped him.

"How do you know that song?"

"I - um, well uh -"

"Well?"

"It's from my music box. You see I w-was found on the side of the road, it's the only thing I have from my past. I um - I have amnesia. Like, I don't remember anything before that."

Tony's face looked astonished, like he couldn't quite believe what was happening.

"How old were you?"

"I - um. I don't know. They didn't know. They estimated around 4 or 5."

Tony stepped forward.
"Can I take you to a dna test?"

"W-what?"

"Please."

"Uh - ok."

Tony lead him out of the room, reaching to close the door but hesitated. If this boy, if this boy was his son - which sounded entirely plausible - he didn't want to keep the doors to his past closed.

He left it open.

~

A year later, Peter snuggles on the sofa with his father.

They decided to keep the name Peter as Phillip didn't sit right, and Peter didn't feel comfortable with a whole new name.

They are going through old picture albums of them and the family, Meredith pregnant, Tony holding his newly born son, Phillip meeting his grandparents for the first time. There were so many memories.

Peter slowly recovered his memories, although that was also a bad thing.
He could remember the night he was supposed to die like the back of his hand, and he had constant nightmares about it.

One of the hydra agents had grown soft, and when he realised that Phillip was still alive, he left him on the side of a road, hoping that someone would recover him.

Tony would hold him, rock him and shush him like he used to.

Yes they had a long way to go. But they were home.

~

Ah yikes OK well this happened.