xiii.

⊱ ────────────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────────── ⊰

──────────── ────────────

The second task

James Potter was anxious, he was anxious because of the second task and he was anxious about Ophelia Lecter. He hadn't told Ophelia about them being family and he was absolutely terrified of doing so.

He had seen the girl walking the Hogwarts ground but he didn't dare to walk up to her. But he couldn't help the longing of holding her in his arms and comfort her for being alone her whole life. He was planning on telling her at the end of the term as well as asking her about living with them.

"Mr. Potter" someone greeted him, James turned around from where he was standing in front of the black lake watching Ophelia playing wizard chess with Celia. Albus Dumbledore stood there in all his glory smiling at the younger man.

"Professor Dumbledore," James greeted the man before returning his eyes to Ophelia.

"Have you told her?" Dumbledore asks James who shakes his head.

"No, I'm gonna do it when the year has ended as well as ask her to live with us"  James explains to the man, Dumbledore sighs deeply.

"I don't think that will be possible, Mr. Potter" Albus explains to James, James looks over to Dumbledore with furrowed eyebrows. "It's of course ms. Lecter's choice but she has a lot on her plate and I don't think she's gonna accept your offer" Dumbledore says with a small shake of his head.

"What do you mean with a lot on her plate?'" James asks Dumbledore.

"That's a question that only ms. Lecter can answer for you" Dumbledore replies before walking off. James follows the man with his eyes before turning back to Ophelia. She was now talking to Mcgonnagal who motioned for the girl to follow her. Ophelia bids Celia goodbye before following the teacher.

----

"Ahh, miss Lecter, please take a seat," Professor Dumbledore tells her when she enters his office. She spots Ron, Hermione, and some other girl she has never seen before sitting there. Hermione smiles at her and Ophelia does the same before sitting down.

"As you may know, the second task is tomorrow" Dumbledore starts and they all nod. "Well it includes a treasure of every champion being on the bottom of the black lake, and this treasure is you four" he explains to them.

"But professor, we can't survive under the black lake for an hour" Hermione reminds him, and the other nods their head.

"With the right spell you can, you will be unconscious and won't feel a thing" he reassures them. "Ms. Granger, you are Mr.Krum's treasure" he starts and Hermione blushes a little.

"Ms. Delacour you are your sister treasure, Mr. Weasley is Mr. Potter's treasure, and ms. Lecter you are Mr. Diggory's" he tells them. Ophelia looks at him shocked, she was Cedric's treasure, a small blush creeps up on her cheeks and she averts her eyes to the floor.

They all then get put under a spell and Ophelia finds dark spots entering her vision before she falls to the ground.

----

Cedric swims thru the water of the black lake, truth be told he's a little panicked, he has no idea what this treasure is that's supposed to mean so much to him but he doesn't want to lose it whatever it is.

He can then make out the forms of a few figures in the water when he takes a closer look he sees Harry, he quickly swims against the figures and when he comes a little closer he can make out some of the faces.

He sees Ron Weasley, and he assumes that he's Harry's treasure. He sees a small girl that looks like Fleur and then Hermione Granger. He swims closer to the person that he assumes is his own treasure and then sees a familiar face with black hair.

A shocked expression enters his face seeing no other than Ophelia Lecter being there. He would probably blush if he wasn't underwater but he probably blushed anyway. With a quick flick of his wand, he releases her from the ropes holding her down, and hooks his arm with her own. She appears to be unconscious as she has her eye shut and an unnatural paleness on her face.

He starts swimming as fast as he can up against the surface after indicating for Harry to hurry up. With Ophelia in his arms, he does his best to swim as fast as he can. He can then see the light from the surface as well as hearing people talking.

He breaks the surface and the bubblehead charm breaks, a loud gasp for air can be heard from Ophelia sh her eyes flung open. She turns around to look at Cedric before rolling her eyes slightly.

"You just love to put me in the center of attention, don't you?" she asks teasingly and he laughs a little. The crowd cheers loudly while they swim against the latter leading out of the water.

As soon as she comes up from the water she is instantly met by the cool air of Scotland. Celia rushes forward with a blanket and wrapped it around her, she then pulls the shivering girl into a hug.

"I was so worried," she tells Ophelia who coughs a little. Cedric the clears his throat and the two girl looks over at the drenched Hufflepuff who is now wearing a blanket of his own.

"You okay?" he asks her and she nods with a small smile,

"Yeah I'm fine, thank you," she says to him and he nods before walking away.

"Oh so you're his treasure now," Celia says while wiggling her eyebrows. Ophelia groans knowing that she won't hear the end of this.

"Hey Ophelia, are you alright?" someone asks from behind her, she turns around and is met by the eyes of James Potter, she furrows her eyebrows before nodding slowly.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you" she thanks him and he nods with a smile before walking off. Ophelia follows him with her eyes with a confused look on her face.

 Ophelia follows him with her eyes with a confused look on her face