Consumed By Desire [PART 1] | Avaris529

BLURB:

BLURB:

The Donovans are Rosewood's favorite family. The four boys' perfect world is turned upside down upon the arrival of three mysterious girls. Lives that were once peaceful are now filled with secrets, lies, romance, and... magic?

Will the boys learn the truth about their seemingly mundane family before it's too late? Or will the line between love and hate be tested to its breaking point?

Maybe love can be just as sweet as revenge.

***

YOUR COVER: (4/10) The photo used in the cover represents your genre well. Just by looking at it, I can see that it is fantasy. However, the title should easily be the largest text on the cover, the font should be appropriately used to portray your genre, and I almost never encourage using bright, neon colors (such as bright red) as it can be distracting for your potential readers when they check out your story. I suggest getting a new cover, and you can also check out the cover shops featured on my reading list if you'd like.

YOUR TITLE: (2/10) I have seen many stories on Wattpad with the same title (or different variations of the same title), which makes me feel that it is ill-fitted with your story. It is cliché, and seems to belong more in a romance genre, rather than a fantasy genre. It seems that romance is a subplot, but as fantasy is the main concept, the title should reflect that. 

YOUR BLURB: (4/5) Grammatically speaking, your blurb was very clean and concise. I would add "the" in front of "Rosewood" if it's a family name, and if the name itself is "Rosewoods" then there should be an apostrophe after the 's,' as "Rosewoods'." I also didn't learn as much as I would have liked from your blurb. The arrival of three girls... where? At their house? What about their lives before this change? What obstacles might they run into? Including this can bring in more potential readers, and they'll understand what kind of story they're reading and you'll have the right audience.

YOUR HOOK: (4/5) Right off the bat, I have an immediate sense of your writing style. There are no grammatical errors seen at first glance, and overall, I have a great first impression of your story. You were still lacking a few elements, however. For example, I learned that the character was in the car at a football field, but I can't see that in my head. You could expand on your description so readers can visualize this as though seeing it from a camera. Additionally, you have generic descriptions of the characters. For example, especially in Wattpad, a hot guy is always smirking. Could you break out of this cliche? Not to mention that if you look up "smirk," it means to smile in an irritatingly smug or conceited way. So... that doesn't sound very good. It's a difference to have someone smile with confidence, and someone to smirk with the idea of grandiose or arrogance. Also, this is a suggestion (a highly advised one) to not describe eyes as "orbs."