42

Maya's pov:

Maya had spent the last two days at Jack's apartment. He had barely ever actually slept there but still, It was a reminder of him. Maya felt slightly guilty for leaving Ash at the Avengers Tower with Liam, but she needed time to think. Ash had texted her to take all the time she needed and Maya was thankful for that. She had only been dating Jack a few months but still, he understood. He had been part of the orphanage, he knew what it was like.

Maya took a deep breath, she knew she had to get back to the Tower. Bless Ash but she did not know how to safely take care of a child. Maya wouldn't be surprised if one of them had blown up the tower in the time she was gone.

------(time skip)------

Maya was now standing outside the tower. She would have to face the Avengers and the fact that Jack was gone. At least she still had Ash and Liam.

Maya stepped into the elevator and stood quietly as it went up. When the doors opened she stepped out and into the living room.

"Maya, good to see you"

Bucky was the first to notice her, he was sitting on the couch along with Steve and Sam.

"Where's Ash?" Asked Maya, she wasn't in the mood to talk about why she had left.

"Floor sixty."

When the elevator doors opened to floor sixty, Maya found the whole floor to be completely deprived of rooms. It was just one big room, kinda like a parking garage but without the parking spots. Maya jumped back when a spray of water went flying in front of her. Peter, Ash, and Liam seemed to be having an intense water fight. Ash dodged an attack from Peter and squirted her gun at Liam. Liam dodged it and jumped on Peter's back. Liam suddenly noticed Maya standing there.

"Maya!" Liam ran forward and engulfed her in a hug.

Ash let her arms fall to her side as she looked at Maya. Maya knew that Ash was asking how she was without talking. Maya shrugged and Ash gave a slight nod as if to say "me too."

"Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm thirsty," Peter said as he walked back into the elevator.

Maya, Ash, and Liam agreed and made their way into the elevator. The doors opened again to reveal the living room where the rest of the Avengers were now all sitting.

"I want a milkshake" Liam said

"You already had four donuts and six bags of chips in the past two hours, maybe you should take a break buddy?" Suggested Steve from the couch.

Maya gave Ash an exasperated look.

"Four Donuts?!"

"He wanted four donuts," She said putting her hands up in defense

"That doesn't mean you give it to him" Maya sighed, she honestly expected much worse so this wasn't the end of the world.

"Yea, Ash you would not make a very good babysitter no offense," Said, Clint

"I'm feeling very attacked at the moment" Ash muttered as she sat in an open chair. Peter passed her a cup of water and she began to drink. Maya didn't miss the way his eyes were watching Ash. She smiled to herself, looks like Peter has a little crush.

Steve's pov:

Steve glanced at Maya, she was smiling slightly. Steve followed her gaze to Peter who was looking at Ash. Steve's eyes widened, now he knew why Maya was smiling. Peter was totally checking Ash out. Steve was not okay with this. Not one bit. Nothing about this was okay.

Steve cleared his throat very loudly and Peter looked around. Everyone was now looking at Steve.

Nat's pov:

Nat had seen the whole thing happen. From Ash who was minding her own business on the couch, to Peter who was admiring Ash, to Maya who had noticed Peter admiring Ash, to Steve who had noticed Maya smiling and then noticed Peter who was admiring Ash who was minding her own business on the couch. The whole thing was very amusing to Nat. Steve cleared his throat very loudly and Nat almost burst out laughing. To save Steve from a now very awkward situation Nat stood up

"Anyone up for a game of laser tag?"