Chapter 31

Rosa's POV

There were many words that could be used to describe how the past week had been. But the best one would be strangely quiet. There had not been a word from Alvaro ever since that last note brought by Dante. The note that was received from the dead bodies of our me, asking me to join him as I were his daughter.

He was not my father. Blood meant nothing when there was no bond.

As Alvaro's silence grew longer, the anxious weight in my body grew heavier and it drained me everyday. I'd wake up and I'd expect to hear some bad news like it was just around the corner waiting to take the turn as soon as I woke up. There have been days where I didn't even feel like moving. Going back to sleep and hoping it was all a dream. But of course, nothing like that was going to happen. There was no way for me to run from my problems.

It felt like a ticking time bomb or a boiling pot left unattended. A huge disaster was imminent, it was all just a matter of time. When the last tick would sound and an explosion would happen or when the boiling pot would finally overflow.

Frustration ate away at me and it was one of the emotions that I felt majority of the day. Physically exerting myself helped with it slightly but not completely. Perhaps my frustration would go away if the source of it was eliminated. With that thought, my mind imagined slowly driving a sharp knife through Alvaro's thick skull. Bloody. Gruesome. Satisfying.

I grunted as I kicked the punching bag once more. Sweat trickled down my forehead. Again I kicked the punching bag and followed up with a few punches.

"Rosa." Vince's spoke by the door. I pretended not to hear him as I continued to bombard the punching with more kicks and punches. They hit harder when I imagined my version of Alvaro in its place.

From the corner of my eye I saw Vince walking towards, his hands in the pockets of his black sweatpants. He stood behind the punching bag and held it in place for me.

A week had passed since the day I finally accepted him. I had yet to regret that decision but seeing him everyday, there was a deep feeling that something like would never happen. His feelings were genuine.

He's been trying his best to help me feel lighter but something like that isn't easy during a time like this. He knew about my anxiousness. I felt trapped. I wanted all of this to be over. It felt like it was purposefully being prolonged. If I just knew where Alvaro was, I would be more than happy to bomb that place into bits and pieces and ashes.

"What're you thinking about?" He asked me casually.

So many thoughts that I'm not even sire about that.

A sigh escaped my lips and my shoulders dropped as I stood straight. I brought a hand up to wipe away the sweat from my brow.

"Could you pass me the water bottle please?"

He nodded, grabbing the bottle of water from the table in the corner of the room and handing it to me. I took small gulps as Vince took a towel and began to dry the sweat from my forehead.

"Anything new yet?" I asked him.

I could tell by the look on his face that the answer was the same.

"Don't think too much about it." He murmured but it was little help. "You know what you should be more worried about?"

I looked at him expectantly.

"That smell. You need a shower." He smirked teasingly as he passed the towel behind my neck and pulled me closer to him.

A small smile formed on my lips. "How romantic of you."