- Chapter Nine -

After the aftermath of the slime monster incident, more heroes arrived onto the scene and saw what had happened. They then went around town, especially around the area, and collected all of the scattered amounts of sludge from the slime monster and then took him into police custody where he belonged. Izuku, unfortunately, was chewed out by the heroes who claimed that he 'had a death wish' and that he was 'being reckless'. But Luna stayed right by his side and gave all of the heroes their own personal death glares as she held Izuku's arm. Meanwhile, Bakugo was claimed as a victim and, in Luna's opinion, was praised for being able to fight against the sludge villain as long as he could.

Luna was awaiting for if she was going to be chewed out or if she was going to be praised for saving Izuku before he was hurt too badly, but she never got the chance. Because before she knew it, Hawks arrived on the scene. The two shared a small stare and for once, Luna's stomach dropped. Her uncle looked... angry, and she knew why.

"Luna, I think it's time for us to go home." Hawks stated in a serious tone.

Luna blinked, having never heard her uncle talk to her like this. She sighed and let go of Izuku's arm. "I'll see you tomorrow at school, okay?"

Izuku nodded his head and for once, the two pulled each other into a shared hug. "Thank you. So much. I wouldn't have been able to do this without you." He whispered into her ear.

Luna blushed hard and relaxed in the feeling, holding him close to her. "The feeling is mutual, Izuku." She whispered back to where only he could hear her. Before she knew it, she and Hawks were already taking off into the sky as Luna looked down at Izuku. Their eyes met as she sadly waved goodbye to him. Izuku gave a small smile and waved back, watching her disappear.

Back at the apartment building, Luna sat on her bed while her uncle paced in front of her, running his hands through his hair and rambling like a madman. "Do you have any idea how stupid that was?! For God's sake, Luna, you're fourteen! You're a student - You're not a hero yet! Hell, you don't even have your damn license! You and your friend shouldn't have been anywhere near that sludge monster to begin with! And you better be thankful All Might was there to save you both or something serious could've happened!" He shouted, only taking a breath when he needed to.

"To be fair, Uncle Keigo, the heroes didn't know what to do! And someone had to do something before All Might came! And I understand what I did was stupid, but I was making sure that Izuku wasn't going to be killed! I had to do something!" She defended to herself as well as Izuku. She knew that Keigo didn't know him yet, but he was going do. And she didn't want her only family to hate her only friend.

"You should have stopped him then! I mean, for God's sake, Luna, you're stronger than that kid! He was all skin and bones, you could've easily pulled him back!" He replied angrily

"He may be skin and bones, but he's a pretty fast runner if you give him a chance." She said in an impressed tone, crossing her arms and digging her nails into her skin in her own anger. She knew it was pointless to argue with her uncle. He had a stubborn temper and could argue for hours if he wanted to. It was, unfortunately, one of the things she, her mother, and him all shared in common.

Keigo sighed and stopped pacing, gripping his hair and closing his eyes as to try to relax. "I can't believe this; your first day of school and already you get involved with a villain attack. This is what I promised you would avoid until you got your license..."

She sighed and stood up, standing in front of her uncle with a saddened look. "I'm sorry, Uncle Keigo, I really am. I know this wasn't what you signed up for and I'm sorry I scared you. But look at me; I'm fine and I'm alive, and so are my two classmates. No one got hurt and the villain was captured. I mean, true, this wasn't my ideal first day of school either, but hey, look on the bright side: Things could've been worse." She suggested with an awkward laugh. But she then stopped when she saw that her uncle wasn't laughing either. She let out a sigh, "Again, I'm sorry. And I promise that I won't involve myself in another villain attack. However, if any of my friends are involved with them or if you're involved with one, don't think that I'm just going to sit by and ideally let it happen. I've already lost someone to a villain attack already, I refuse to lose anyone else..."