Chapter 12- She's One Of The Boys

The prank was a little OTT but hey, its a story, I'm allowed to go a little crazy with it. :D

Hugs to all my new and old fans!! xo

~ ~ Chapter Twelve ~ ~

"And pigs fly!" I snapped as I noticed Travis was trying to get to his feet, so I quickly stuck my foot out and tripped him back up again, sending him falling to his butt with a loud thud, he glared up at me again.

Bending down I leaned in close as I offered him a helping hand, "Heck no are you stealing my thunder Travis Thorn," I hissed low enough so Grug wouldn't be able to hear what I was actually saying.

Travis reached out and took hold of my hand, "Are you trying to get sent away Eva? You do know Dad won’t hesitate," he argued back as I helped him to his feet.

I shook my head, "Of course not!" I hissed back.

"The pair of you, my office - now!" Grug snapped from behind us,I slowly turned around to face him and smiled slightly, I'm in so much trouble right now and it’s flippin' awesome, "The rest of you hit the showers in the gym and clean up! Mr Fox, can you organise the cleanup of this mess at once please?"

Travis and I walked past Grug as he stood to watch everyone else follow his orders and as soon as we were out of sight I sprung on my big brother, "What is wrong with you? Why do you think I pushed you down? Huh? So you wouldn't get in trouble with me!" I cried out, throwing my arms up in the air dramatically.

He turned to face me, "Eva, don't you dare try and take all the blame for this," he grunted angrily.

"I just don't want you getting into trouble too, that's all. I was trying to save your ass back there and you just shoved it back into the fire after I pulled it out," I grumbled, folding my arms as we turned the end hall.

Travis smiled; "Girl, we both knew we were in trouble when you thought the prank up," he chuckled as he slung one arm casually around my shoulder and pulled me in close to his side.

"Yeah, Dad is going to flip out at you 'cause you're the eldest, you know that right?" I asked as I tilted my head to look up at him with a teasing smile while trying to push him and his oil covered clothes away from me.

"It was still worth it; did you see some of them idiots covered from head to toe? They just didn't learn to stay still did they, they looked like sparkly chickens!" he half shouted, flapping his arms around and acting like some of the other kids.

Chuckling at his poor performance, I pushed him gently in the back and shook my head at him, "Yeah, it was pretty funny," I smiled, wondering if Grug was going to tell Jack all about this? I bet Jack will be glad to hear I never did it at his school though.

Two boys, about Travis's age were walking towards us, laughing and waving their arms about as they spoke animatedly to each other. One glanced up and grinned when he saw us, "Travis!" he cheered, "Word of that prank travelled fast, so wish I had seen it," he laughed.

His friend grinned at Travis also, "That would have been wicked to watch, I heard you got front row seats too," he added with a snicker.

Travis shook his head with amusement, "It was something, but Eva came up with the idea," he turned to look at me and I smiled slightly at the two guys who looked over at me, grinning still.

"Ahhh, the famous Eva that is running circles around Saxon," the taller one laughed.

"Yeah, I never thought I'd see the day a girl gives him the cold shoulder," his friend chuckled.