Chapter 78

"What's going on? This wasn't the plan" you run over to the bikes with Bucky.

"Well it wasn't apart of the plan for Grace to get kidnapped, but here we are" he informs you in a hurry.

"What?"

"Hop on!" He tells you.

"Oh no, I've been on a bike with Steve before and I've learned my lesson to just drive by myself" you tell him, hoping onto the bike next to his. Sharon jumped into action as you and Bucky sped out of the garage.

"Hey!" A soldier shouts as you drive past the blockade on your bikes. With a new look of determination on both of your faces you drove off.

"Well, that's one down." Sharon reported.

"How'd you manage that?" Sam continues to fight Batroc in the upper levels of the building.

"Mercury vapor, amongst other things." She told you with a shrug. "You better speed things up, Sam. The chopper's about to take off." Sharon stepped outside to see the blades of the chopper whirring.

"Bucky, y/n!" Sam shouted.

"I don't fly, man. That's your thing." Bucky responded, taking a sharp turn on the bike.

"Here we go!" You shout over to Bucky as you come up on the trucks

"Here we go!" You shout over to Bucky as you come up on the trucks. He drives the bike right into the blockers on the road and dives into a flag smasher. "Well that's one way to do it" you shrug, pulling to a stop and hoping over the blocks yourself. The two men started to fight, Bucky fighting with a determination to get that little girl back.

"We need a diversion, give them someone to rescue. Not Grace though, she's our only leverage" Karli states as she hops out of the car.

"What do you mean?" The other woman asked.

"Light it up." Karli ordered.

"No!" You shout out as a blaze of fire is set off behind the truck, blocking the senators from escaping.

"Help! Help us! Help!" They call from inside, Bucky's focus is on the truck when the man he is fighting punched him in the ribs. Bucky collapsed but used that to his advantage as he kicked the man back. You had rushed over to the fire but started coughing as the smoke reached your lungs and the heat touched your skin.

"Stay back!" Bucky warned, pulling you back gently as he made his way over. "Hold on!" He started to pull at the door.

"Let's go, get moving!" A flag smasher told his leader.

"Morgenthau! Let's finish this." The voice of John Walker called out and you turned your head.

"We have company" you report with an eye roll at the voice.

"I didn't mean to kill your friend. I don't wanna hurt people that don't matter." The leader tells him as he approached.

"You don't think Lamar's life mattered?"