Chapter 5 - Sappitus Nappitus, What Do You Mean?

Hello, this is gonna be great, I'm trying to do one a week but I got covid so that's very lucky. Anyways
(gosh I wrote this ages ago, I guess I've been a bit dead lmao)

TW
Swearing and self-deprecating thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dream POV

There I saw sapnap standing ahead of me, a look of guilt and sadness in his eyes. I felt bad, why did I cause this upon my best friend, I'm sat here crying like a baby when somebody who actually needs the help is outside crying. My head is pounding with these thoughts as I hear mumbles coming from the man infront of me. Though he was trying to help, the incoherent mumbling (or at least to me) wasn't. I was sat there, with nothing but the mumbles and voices inside of my very head.

Sapnap POV

'DREAM? What the hell was that about?' I exclaimed as I looked at the helpless boy ahead of me. 'please Dream, please talk to me, can you hear me?' I grew quite concerned as the only confirmation I got from the younger man was a confused look. I didn't realise what was going on, all I knew is that if Dream ever wanted a hug, it was right now. What was this incident about anyways, I mean, its been an hour and he's already fucked up their relationship?? There must be something else that we haven't seen yet, or some misread propaganda.

Seeing my friend in this dehumanised state (for him) made me more aware of the situation and the fact that George was probably outside this very room doing the same, but is it really the best idea to let George see dream?

Well, this wasn't my concern at the moment, we obviously weren't going to get the story out of George, so I guess I have to get the story out of dream, my best friend. 'Dream, please look at Me, okay?'. He seems to have actually heard me, this time as he immediately turned to look at me, eyes bloodshot, red and puffy. Did this situation really make him beat himself up that much? 'Do you mind telling me what happened? Take your time of course.' 'w.. Well, m-me and g-george were gonna.. G-go I.. Inside' Dream barely mumbles, 'a... And l-Lucy came u..up to us a-and m-made George c-cry'

I gave him a comforting hug and reassured him that this wasn't his fault and that Lucy probably gave him  a dirty look or something. He then proceeded to tell me that he broke up with her. WHAT!?!? But they've been dating for like 3 years (I can't remember I wrote this a month ago lmao). Then I remembered the glare he gave George this morning, one full of love and passion, one intruiged to know more.

'why did you break up with Lucy? Hasn't it been like 3 years?' I asked, immediately regretting it as dream choked out more sobs, 'i.. I know, I wasnt in a good mindset'. Then it finally clicked, he was crying because his girlfriend - I mean ex girlfriend made George cry, did dream love George?

I continued to rub comforting circles into dreams back and caressed his hand in which I was holding. Slowly his sobs died down and he seemed to look down, ashamed for some reason. 'hey, hey, hey, what's up, there's no need to seem ashamed'. He looked up at me and replied, 'my first encounter with George, I make him upset and now I'm sat in a room, crying my eyes out, I vowwed never to cry again, after mama' s death at least, but I guess that's a lie. Heck, I'd probably be a disappointment to her if she was alive, she never wanted a gay son... '

Was thus really what dream thought about himself, he always puts on a mask (haha get it(also mask was amazing)) and what did he mean he vowwed to never cry again, how long has he been putting up this front that he's okay when he clearly isn't? I then turned back to dream, looking anywhere but at me. I then decided to speak up, 'Is there anything you want, or if you want I can just keep hugging you' I said completely forgetting about the brunette outside. I mean, who wouldn't, I've known dream for years yet I have known George for an hour. Then I heard a miniscule mumble come from the boy I was hugging, it was too incoherent for me to hear correctly but loud enough for me to hear

Dream POV

I was ashamed, ashamed for breaking up with my girlfriend for a chance with a straight boy, ashamed for being gay, ashamed for crying, ashamed for wasting Sapnaps time and mostly ashamed that I had already made George cry. WAIT.. SHIT George, as this pops into my mind I barely hear Sapnap ask if I wanted anything, a small squeak, 'George' came out of my mouth but it was definitely too quiet to hear. He then begged for me to repeat, in which I replied with a firm and steady 'george'..

I needed to see this fragile, brunette boy before our relationship was so far out of the gutter. Sapnap seemed to understand as he gave me one last tight cuddle before standing up to go to the door, before he leaves he mouths the words, 'are you sure?' to which I harshly nodded at.

About 5 minutes had past and I thought I had lost all hope and the tears kept threatening to fall, I knew this front wasn't going to hold for too much longer, you can't fix a hole in a dam, soon enough the hole dam falls apart. Just as a tsunami of tears fell the door opened. Ashamed of a teacher or horny student seeing me o turned away only to be, seconds later, tapped on the shoulder. I wasn't ready to greet this person, but it's now or never I guess. I turned my head to see a gorgeous brunette boy, with Hazel puffy eyes. Once seeing my expression he immediately gave me a hug, in fact, it was the best hug I've ever had..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1084 words :) 
Wow that was alot and I'm sorry for being dead for a whole, but oh well. I'm going to try do more frequent updates for my girlfriends edan and Holly xx
Love you guys