Delayed Gratification.

A/N: Okay so this takes place a few months after  the last chapter you just read. I'm so incredibly excited for this... Buckle up, because it's going to be a mf wild ride.

THEO'S POV:

I close my journal with a sigh, wishing I could channel my lyrics like I do my playing.. It's not easy for me. It's not easy to focus in on words all at once, and put them in a place for them to make sense. I don't get it and I don't try to, not unless I feel truly inspired and the worst part is that.. Well that's all I've been feeling lately. I text uncle E, and see if she's going to be there today. He sends a thumbs up in response, and I roll my eyes at the emoji, but find myself laughing, knowing it's just like him.

Uncle Easton is the reason I even met her.. He produces, and I intern with him, and my parents know, they know I've been learning the art of producing, and all the software, and everything having to do with it as well as playing for artists that need it. I'm starting to make a name for myself in the studio as a musician, but I really like producing. I like making tracks all by myself when no one is around to hear them. I've even tried to talk to Violet about maybe letting me produce something for her...

I love my parents, but Violet is really the only person I trust to write with.. She's the only person I feel completely calm around when I'm writing but I'm not writing for me. I write for her, and I help her when she's home.. Which isn't often. She'll be eighteen next week and that thought scares me, and it should scare mom and dad too, but I don't think they're aware, and Vi would kill me if I spoke anything of Alex to them, so I'm just going to leave it alone, and think of her.

I met her at the studio.. I didn't mean to meet her. I didn't even try to. I was supposed to be meeting Uncle Easton in the studio, and I walked in early to find her there.. She wore a yellow dress that day and it popped against her brown skin. Her hair was short, and black and curled into soft waves. Just from the back she looked like something you'd find in one of those movies, the ones you imagine yourself in... She was playing something that sounded like a dream, and I think just the sound was enchanting.

FLASHBACK:

"Oh... Hi, how are you?" She turns around on the piano bench and stands up. Her face.. I..

"I'm Easton.. I mean, I'm not.. No I'm Theo, not Easton." I hold my messenger bag on my shoulder, knowing my cheeks are slightly growing more red.

"Are you sure about that?" She laughs, and her lips part. She painted them pink, it's a dark pink, and it looks beautiful on her.. She's beautiful.

"I'm. Yeah I'm sure. I'm Theo, I'm me.. I'm meeting my. Someone named Easton here." I tell her, sounding like an idiot all at once. I don't understand why I'm acting this way, I'm a grown man. I'm an adult. I know how to formulate sentences and words, I really do I just.. Can't.

"Well Theo, I'm incredibly sorry I'm taking up space in you and your friend's studio. I should leave shouldn't I?" She laughs, and her features are mesmerizing. I truly can't take my eyes away mostly because I've never seen someone so beautiful in my entire life and I really do mean that. Her lips are full, and beautiful, her skin looks soft, and it stands out against the color yellow she wears. I hope she wears this color a lot.. I hope she wears it all the time because it looks so beautiful on her.. "Theo... That is your name?" She brings me back, and I nod.

"Yes, Theo, that's me." I nod again.

"Sorry, you just didn't answer. I thought I messed it up again." She smiles again, holding her back now on her shoulder. She holds a large journal in her hands, and it presses right to her chest.