The Beginning of Our Story

I fiddled with my fingers violently and chewed on my lower lip, hearing people in the background. It was so embarrassing getting feminine products in public, even if they weren't for me.

I stood, staring, trying to decide which one to get. Allie, a friend, had gotten her monthly gift from nature, and was unprepared. I told her I'd get some for her during lunch break, and I was undergoing the crushing weight of my anxiety because of it.

After five minutes, frustrated, a blew out a breath.

"Should I get the super long ones, or the ones with wings?" I wondered aloud, pondering the mystery of feminine products.

"I'd go with the wings, personally."

I whirled around, snapping my gaze to the owner of the deep voice.

His hair was a tousled mess of a soft black color, with a disheveled quiff. He wore a black hoodie, the hood up and placed behind the front of his hair. His skin was tan, which looked perfect with his black hoodie, black shirt, and dark jeans. He was so tall, six feet at the least. A five-o'clock shadow graced his face, adding to his rugged, bad-boy look. His eyes, though, were what held my attention. One was an icy blue, cold and hard. The other was grey, like all its color had been sucked away. The grey was icy as well, holding the same intensity as its blue counterpart.

He suddenly began moving towards me, and I backed up steadily until my back hit the wall of shelves. He placed his hands beside my head, his movements slow and intimidating. He suddenly retracted, smirking, and holding out a box of pads with wings.

My mouth opened slightly, before closing again. I diverted my gaze to the left and downwards. I chewed on my lip. I grabbed the box and muttered, "thanks," without even looking at him. I scampered away, desperate to get away from the beautiful stranger.

I could practically feel his intense gaze on my back as a basically ran out of that store, paying for the pads, of course.

I started my car and drove back to school. Walking into the high school, I headed to the cafeteria to meet Allie.

A soft push was felt against my shoulder. I turned to see the familiar face of Dylan. His sandy hair was his usual bed-head style. It wasn't as amazing as the stranger's hair, I seemed to think without shame.

He wore a red pullover with light jeans and red converse. He was tall, but not as tall as the stranger.

I mentally scolded myself to quit comparing everything to a stranger.

"Hey, Wisc- oh... uh..." he trailed off, eyeing the bag of feminine napkins in my hand. He smirked. "That time of the month, huh?"

I rolled my eyes and lightly slapped him, continuing walking to my friend. Dylan followed casually. "They're for my friend."

"Sure..."

I sent a playful glare over my shoulder and continued walking with the sound of his laughter flowing behind me.

"Wisc! Thank God!" Allie pulled me into a quick, tight hug, then grabbed the bag and ran to the bathroom. I stood there, frozen.

"Uh oh," one of my friends' voices rang out.

"Dangit, Allie needs to quit hugging her," another one commented.

"She knows Wisc doesn't like physical contact," another agreed.

"C'mon, lets get you away from human civilization," Dylan said, nodding his head in the direction of an empty hallway. I nodded.

"Wisc, aren't you going to eat?" Marybel called out to me. She was pretty with long dark blonde hair that curled naturally. Her skin was fair and flawless and her eyes were an amazing blue. Not to mention she had huge boobs.

"No, I'm not hungry," I replied, looking at the ground.

Dylan lightly touched the small of my back then retracted it, knowing touch is all that was needed to make me move away. I sped walked a couple of steps until I my body caught up with my brain, realizing it wasn't a prolonged touch. Dylan caught up, his hands in his pocket, and his feet moving at a leisurely pace. Which, for my five-foot-two-inches height, was a normal-to-quick walk.

Dylan didn't talk, and for that I was grateful. He knew I wasn't much of a talker.

We strolled around the hallways, until a chorus of laughter came from somewhere near. It was obviously a group of boys, and was coming our way. My eyes widened. Ew. Human beings. I began to quickly walk in a different direction, but Dylan grabbed one of my overall straps and pulled my back. I yanked my clothing back and glared at him, but his face was relaxed, carefree, and avoiding my gaze. I huffed in annoyance.

The group of boys rounded the corner. My eyes went wide. The other four boys blurred away. All that mattered was Denton, the boy in the middle. Was he even a boy? He was tall. Right up there with Dylan. His hair was this beautiful chocolate brown and his eyes were practically the same color. He was the school's star player on the baseball team, throwing a record pitch. His skin was tan, and his gaze was on me.

I flushed with a color that only tomatoes should be able to make, and ducked my head. I used Dylan as a shield between me and Denton. After they passed us, I glanced back. Their commotion hadn't stopped. But when my eyes flickered over my shoulder, they met a pair of chocolate ones.

He turned the corner, and so did we; me, solemn; Dylan, barely containing howling laughter. Once I was sure we were free of any chance of anyone seeing us, I released the hulk on that boy. He was victim to my punches, kicks, and slaps, and he slid down the wall... dying from laughter.

I sat next to him, my knees tucked into my chest and my chin resting on my knees.

Once his howls of laughter calmed down, I looked over to him. He looked content with his eyes closed, a smile on his lips, and his posture sagged against the wall lazily. He popped one eye open, staring at me. "Didn't know you were crushin' that hard."

"Ugh," I groaned, burning my face in my hands. He chuckled.

"You're so weird. When girls see a guy they like, they're like 'hey notice me!'. But you'd give absolutely anything to not be noticed by him. It's so weird."

"Yeah, well-"

"I mean, what's gonna happen if you don't hike up your skirt and go after that opportunity? He's obviously already noticed you, so your plan A is out of the window."

I rolled my eyes.

He gave a loud fake gasp, turning towards me so quickly I was afraid he got whiplash. His hands smacked his cheeks and his jaw dropped, like the kid from Home Alone.

"What. If. You're. Soul mates?!" he screeched in a girl voice. I giggled, shaking my head. "Oh c'mon, all girls believe in true love!" he teased, coming closer playfully. I giggled and pushed him away gently.

"Take my wisdom, Dylan: they're impossible to find."