don't mix business with pleasure

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

✈︎Manhattan, New York

Two months had passed since Berlin, I began getting closer to Peter and loathing Spider-Man even more.

It was best to keep my work friends distant anyway, don't mix business with pleasure.

But of course that didn't stop him from his teasing, flirting, and competitiveness.

Dad traveled to India, said it was some "Business that I needed to tend to." I didn't bother to look into it because I didn't care.

Apparently; to The Avengers, it seemed if my Father was not home, I was considered a ghost because the tower was empty with not one hero in sight.

Just as the question was asked in my thoughts, reality answered them.

"Good Morning Y/n." Friday spoke into the atmosphere.

"Hey Friday."

"You have one new hologram, from Mr. Tony Stark. Would you like to view it?"

"Yes." I mumbled. The blue rays combined into a thin transparent screen, which made a figure out that looked like Dad.

"Morning sweetie, remember that time you said 'I'm a superhero I can protect myself.' Well, since I'm not at home right now, neither are the rest of The Avengers as you can clearly see. You'll be protecting yourself, but the bodyguards will obviously protect the bottom floors. Anyways, have fun, be responsible, and don't do anything I wouldn't do." The hologram then evaporated into thin air.

Alright Old man, have fun. I tried calling my Dad, seeing if he would answer.

"I see you got my message." Dad said from. the other line.

"Oh please! Father, I'm a damsel in distress I cannot protect myself!" I sarcastically yelped into the phone.

"Sweetie, I'm not doing this to rub something in your face or make you mad, I'm teaching you a lesson. You seriously need to learn how to protect yourself properly." He excused.

All these excuses are getting way too tiring.

Just then I felt an arrow heading my way, I caught it in between my fist.

"Dad! Are you insane!? What the hell are you doing? You couldn't have at least used the magnetic arrows?" I scolded.

"You caught it though, didn't you?" "Don't avoid the point! What the hell's your problem!?" I yelled through the phone.

"Your patience. Alright, love you." He said, hanging up not waiting to hear my many shouts of protest.

"Love you too." I whispered to myself, sadly.

How much more patience can I have? There's only so much hurt I can bare.

I straightened myself up, not allowing my emotions to pour. Then I got ready and went to school.

-

𓄇time skip𓄇

MJ was spotting me as I did my crunches easily, thanks to training.