the darkside

"Tohru! Yuki! Kyo! Roi-chan! Something bad is happening!" Momiji cries, running into our classroom. "This is bad!"

"Something bad is happening here too," Uo laments.

"Oh no, what?" his attitude change is so quick, it makes me think the problem is not a problem but the only issue he'd be called us for... I'd have to know, conversing with those from the main house, it's so typical the way it would play out.

"Ah, Mi-chan," I stand from letting Hana braid my hair, and approach him to whisper in his ear. "He's dark, isn't he?"

"What? Oh yeah! What's wrong?" he turns his attention again while I pat his shoulder, one I'm actually above now. Oh my! I'm taller than Tohru, I still have time to grow!

"Choose any activity, I'm okay with anything. Just make sure we hit lots of food places!" I approach the first years' classroom, the girls and boys peering in with fear. I smile at them with that fraud look of mine. "Oi, I'd step away from the door if I were you. If he's throwing things, it's dangerous."

"Ha-tsu-ha-ru," I drag out his name monotonously, not intending to provoke him or to scold him right away and yet still get a chair thrown in my direction, easily dodged but making the students and homeroom teacher scream all the same. "What the hell are you up to? You want to hurt someone? Go ahead and hurt me, but don't scare your poor classmates like this. Throw your tantrum elsewhere."

"What the hell, pipsqueak? You're the same age as me, so why do you always talk down to me? You always look down on us cause you're an outsider, but you'd like to really see us all screw up, don't you? Cause you wouldn't go down cause your Miss Perfect Untouchable now. You can walk all over us, you're an outsider who doesn't have to understand but acts like she does, all high and mighty with us, getting spoiled," he snaps, old laments of the zodiacs coming back with the "perfect" connotation too. That's quite a stretch, he must be really pissed. "You came here yourself to screw me over, they should have sent the rat or that stupid cat to fix this cause one touch from you and it's over--"

I fold my arms. "You know, I really dislike dishonesty. I'm trying to talk straight to you. Instead of causing a rampage here, why don't you say your feelings straight instead of causing trouble for the rest of them? I'm perfectly capable--"

I don't get the chance to finish, having to guard getting punched in the face. My arm stings after, my shoes dragging back on the broken glass strewn all over the ground but I'm alright, even if it may bruise and even if the glass strewed up cut my ankles.

"Don't provoke him, Kuroi," Yuki says, approaching with Momiji, Tohru, and Kyo.

"Wasn't. I was just wanting to talk, and I asked him to be honest." I stand straight, dusting off my cardigan. Before he can finish kicking a desk, I grab it and move it aside on my approach to him. "He was pretty honest about how he feels about a matter, so now I'm pissed off. And I'm going to handle it. And you guys should get out. I don't want Tohru dragged into this."

Haru tips his head with arrogance. "Hah? You're going to fight me, then you have to come ready to kill. I just told you, one grab and it's over for all of us just like you want--"

I dodge the hand coming for my collar, using his force to push him forward before grabbing him in the same hold he was going for at me, pulling him backwards with my arm around his neck. backwards cause I'm still shorter, but the chokehold is loose. Because yeah, his little rampage makes me mad too and I told Kaito I'd face my fears. If they were friends, I wasn't going to let him continue blazing trails before he got her.

"Yeah, all over, right? She told me, so calm your ass down."

I pull him down to the floor in his stupor, and we sit there like a train with him leaning into my body with the hold, which I relax by letting my hands rest around his arms and I lean into his shoulder with a sigh.