Ch 280: She's Getting Better

Lin Ye's idea was correct, as evidenced by Irene's performance over the next few days.

After finishing the barbecue meal under the orders of Lappland, Irene began to break out of her catatonic shell. Although there is still no way for her to speak, she didn't act like a living corpse like before.

Lin Ye was overjoyed; after all, Irene's eyes had been filled with despair just days before are now full of life.

She was gradually willing to communicate with Lin Ye and Lappland, but Lin Ye mostly spoke to her. Lappland was mostly a spectator.

She would take a branch and write her answers on the snow. Lin Ye finally learned about her past. Her parents were both slaves and she was born into the same life. After many years of training in the hands of slave traders, she believed that she had succeeded in her studies.

The first time she "came out", her first real target was the current Patriarch of the Silverash family, and the outcome was a failure.

After training for a few years, she set off again. The subject was Lin Ye, who was selling the pet supplies in his backpack. She brought back the wrong information, which caused Galvin to exile her.

Lin Ye was still taken aback by this. After all, she hadn't said anything before. This, however, demonstrates that she began to trust Lappland and him. Lin Ye is more concerned that Irene is adamant about maintaining her trust in Galvin Aiben, and Lin Ye can only lament at Irene's loyalty.

But in Lappland's view, everything Irene did was stupid.

"I severed the head of the man who wanted to enslave me."

"Use force against me? You've got to be kidding me. Who has the audacity to use violence against me?"

"If you fall, get up and kill them, simple as that"

Irene sat quietly beside Lappland while she brags, looking up at her with light in her eyes.

Lin Ye was initially baffled by this behaviour, but he quickly realised what was going on. The more cowardly and inferior people are, the better they understand and look up to confident and powerful people. Although Lappland appears to be a little short-sighted, she is a confident and powerful person. It's no surprise that she would follow Lappland's advice.

She would no longer flinch when he patted her on the head. She began to yearn for more. She will complete the tasks assigned to her by Lappland and then turn to face him, waiting for something. He noticed this and lavished her with head pats.

It's the very least he can do for her.

After spending three days with Lappland, Irene finally plucked up the courage and wrote on the snow "Can I follow you after I leave here?"

Lapland looked left and right. With her tail swaying.

"No."

"Texas will be upset if you follow me. She is a little obsessed with me".

Lin Ye, who was bathing under the sun, heard Lappland's words and almost bit his tongue from holding back his laughter.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

The three days flew by, and before he knew it, it was the last day of the meeting between the Tribal Council of Kjerag.

Lin Ye overheard many locals conversing with themselves as he walked down the street to buy meat. It is said that the Silverash family is about to be reborn. Even bystanders are aware that they have a significant advantage.

Finally, military and political power are under their control and supported by the behemoth corporation known as Karlan Trade. Silverash will rise to the top of Kjerag's power structure, and the remaining two families will lose the ability to compete with him.

Lin Ye, who had had enough of the rumours, goes back to Silverash's house and learns that Silverash had taken people out of the city to participate in the Tri-Clan Assembly.

"This is our last night in Kjerag," the Saintess informs Lin. "Except for us, there are no other armed men in the city. Galvin Aiben has taken away all of his guards, and they are most likely planning to kill that man."

"Are you unconcerned about Silverash?"

"I don't like him, but I know he won't lose."

Is this the bond between brothers and sisters? Ah... that sounds nice.

Lin Ye, too, had a sudden desire for a sister like her.

"My relationship with him is impossible to repair," Pramanix sighs. "Dr. Lin, you always like to be nosy, and while I appreciate your enthusiasm, there is no way for you to help."

"That's exactly what they all said." Lin Ye gives her a confident smile, and she returns it helplessly.

"Will you come to stay tonight?" Pramanix inquires, adding, "If you want, just hurry up, I'll be leaving later."

Lin Ye freezes, " Where are you doing?" Lin Ye asks

"The Kjerag people have a tradition, I need to spend one night with my family before leaving. Because my parents are no longer alive, I can only visit their grave."

"Ah, I see." Lin Ye smiles, "I think that's a good tradition to have. Family is very important."

"Thank you, do you want to come over to stay tonight?"

He can go back to Rhodes Island in the evening tomorrow. But before he will leave, he wants to try to fix the siblings' relationship with each other. After all, once he leaves here, they will never have this chance again.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Faust puts down his binoculars and says, "The man and the target do not seem to live in the same place."

Mephisto raises his head.

He seems to have not slept for a long time. His eyes are blank, his face is pale, but he is staring. Thick dark circles can be seen on his face.

"Follow the original plan." He says slowly, his voice hoarse, "Find him."

Mephisto raises his head, looks at the setting sun, and whispers softly, "Tonight will be our night."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq