RANSOM

S T E V I E  P O V

I'm petrified to death to even move or say anything to these men, and they know what they are doing by the way they talk.

Sitting on the mattress in the corner of the room in a warehouse as they talk and make bombs. But they keep glimpsing at me with their masks on. "Don't worry princess, if your husband complies with our demands, you will live. But we are making you a departing gift." They all laugh, and he holds up a vest with a bomb attached to it. 

Gulped as my eyes close, and I brought my knees up close to my chest, "Not even the bomb squad will get this one." He said laughing uncontrollably. 

Gaze at the vest, trembling with total fear as my heart sinks and my mind runs away. 

Only hope Dominic loves me like he says he does, or I'm dead, and if he makes the drops, I'm good as dead with the fucking bomb they made.  

Either way, I'm fucked and fucked again.

Lean my head on the wall and watch one guy as he stares at me with his eyes glaring through the small holes of his mask. He stands steps towards me, pulling me to my feet strokes my face, and I tense, but another guy hits him on the shoulder. "Don't touch her." He spits to the guy.

He steps back, releasing his grip from my arm, "We could have some fun." He said smoothing my hair, "You touch her, I will kill you myself." The guy who seems to be in charge said and pulled me away from him. "Come on man, it's just a little fun with such a beautiful young woman." The boss guy pulls a gun and aims it at the guy, "Like I said, you touch her I will kill you." He backs up with his hands in the air in surrender.

Sit on the mattress, waiting for them to contact Dominic with the drop off locations. "Princess, you need to contact your husband, and this time keep it short." The boss said and hands me a note to read to Dominic. 

He dialled Dominic's number and placed the mobile on the table on loudspeaker, "Yes," Dominic answers. "Dominic, listen carefully," I said and gulped, but my body is trembling. "Baby, I'm listening," I could hear the sorrow in his voice, and I'm close to letting my tears fall. 

Take a deep breath and read the note, "They want to know if you have the money ready?" "I need more time. Baby, it's not easy to get fifty million in twenty-four hours. I have thirty million, but I need more time." His voice is pleading, and the guy shakes his head. "Dominic, they want the money," I'm pleading as the guy takes my hand with force to place on the table. 

My breathing is heavy and I scream when he grabs the knife and hovers over my hand, "Please don't," I sob, pleading, "Please just leave my wife alone. All I ask is for a few more hours to get the rest of the money. Please, don't hurt her," Dominic is begging with them, but the guy shakes his head. "I will give you five hours, and you better have the money or you don't see your wife again." He hangs up and releases my hand.

Rub my wrist as he throws me into the corner of the room where I place my back firmly on the wall, hugging my knees and tears fall. My entire body will not stop trembling, "Your husband is wealthy and he can't even pay for your ransom." The guy laughs and walks away to the other side of the room. 

*****     

One of the guys hands me a bottle of water, "Your husband better have the money ready when you ring, or he'll find your body in tiny little pieces." He said and laughed as he steps to the table to grab the vest.

He steps in front of me with the vest and pulls me to my feet, placing the vest over my shoulders and clipping it around my waist. "When and if we get the money, you will be returned to your husband. But this vest is our guarantee, so don't try anything foolish," He tilts my chin, stares deep into my eyes, "Dominic's, an extremely lucky guy to have such a beautiful woman." He said, and strokes my face with the back of his fingers, sending a cold shiver down my spine.