Chapter 9

I felt a lump on my chest. I sudddenly felt like I couldn't breathe. Why the hell is this bastard suddenly here?!

I mean I want to chat with someone so I'd stay sane but I don't want to talk or see you!

Just go away!

Wait, did he just hear me earlier?

"I see you're cursing me."

I stood up out of shock. The clanking sounds of metal echoed.

He looked around the cell and commented something about how there are a lot of lamps.

"Why are you here?" I sat on my bed and felt a glare coming from his direction. I don't care anymore! He was probably angry since I sounded so casual with him and wasn't even the tiniest bit of respectful.

"Why can't I be here?"

"This is my room." I heard a suppressed laughter from Hans. I kind of wanted to pat my back, I can't believe I'm acknowledging this place as my room. He probably also thought that my statement is very ridiculous.

"Technically, you're in my mansion."

"Then, kick me out." He grunted at me and sat on my chair.

"If you won't kick me out then get out of here. You're alone in an unmarried noble lady's room."

"I can't believe you're the one kicking me out of here. After all those things that I did, how ungrateful." I heard him mumbling something.

"What are you mumbling about? Speak properly." I felt a chill on my spine as he looked at me.

At this point, I'm just gonna do and say everything that I want. I'll die anyway.

"I feel sad." I raised an eyebrow. Uhm, what?

I looked at him with disbelief on my eyes. He lowered his head and his fists clenched.

"It's annoying how I keep on losing to him. I did everything that I could for training and studying yet I keep on losing the top position."

"..."

Is he... perhaps ranting at me or letting out his feelings? Why on me? Hell we're not even close!

I mean... why are we suddenly having an open forum here?

"Hah. I don't know what to do. Am I even doing everything correct?"

I wanted to shout that at the very moment he kidnapped me, he was already wrong. But I just didn't say anything and listened to him.

He's considered a genius since he was a child. Always exemplary on studies, magic and in using the sword. When he kept on losing to Daryl, he probably felt like he was losing a part of his identity. He's still a teenager so I'm not really shocked on the flow of his thoughts.

"Why are you not saying anything?"

He looked straight on my eyes.

"I'm only good at listening." It was not a lie. I don't know how to comfort or give advice to someone. I'm also scared to take responsibility when I say the wrong advice or if he took what I say in the wrong way.

"You probably want to laugh at me."

"Yes. I want to laugh at your stupidity for kidnapping the wrong person."

He groaned as he looked at me with tired eyes.

"Aren't you even tired of insisting that you're not Fiona Theoder."

Because I really am not!

I gripped tightly on my pants.

"I'm telling you that you kidnapped the wrong person!"

"Scram. This is the only way that I can get even with him. Aren't you tired of lying at this point?"

God. Please help me lengthen my patience. He's too petty that he's kidnapping someone for those reasons. I mean, just do the usual things! Request a duel! Compete on something else! Punch him!

If you're in the right mind, why would you kidnap a person? And how did you even arrive at that kind of solution?

I sighed before I speak. "You're the one who's supposed to scram. This is my room."

He glared at me. And it feels complicated that I'm already used to the chill from my spine that I always feel whenever I see him.