Chapter 10

I looked at him and I saw him having a complicated expression. He is biting his lip as if he is forcing himself not to cry. I sighed.

"The sun will rise again." He looked at me and raised his eyebrow.

"Of course, the sun always rises."

I facepalmed inwardly. I rarely give advices and he doesn't even understand what I'm talking about.

"Don't compare yourself to others. You will only feel more pathetic than you already are. Just focus on improving yourself." He scrunched his eyebrows.

"It's just... I'm used to being the best all the time that it felt weird when someone took my place on being the top." I crossed my arms. I see my teenager self in the modern world at him.

I used to feel bad whenever my grades dropped or whenever someone took over my position.

"Life doesn't just revolve around being the best, may it be on magic, academics or sword fighting. Just calm down. There are a lot of things more important than that in life, as much as how there are a lot of things to look forward to and you haven't discovered yet."

I don't really know if I'm saying this advice to him or to my past self. I am not sure if it is applicable to teenagers in this world and timeline ince I don't have friends here but maybe it can help him if he reincarnates in the modern world.

Should I kill him now so he can reincarnate there?

He looked at me and I saw him smiling a little before he took it back quickly.

"I guess I understand why Daryl likes you." My face crumpled like paper.

"For the nth time, I'm telling you that you got the wrong person." He crossed his legs and crossed his arms as well. He looked at me like he's a damned emperor.

"You're still not giving up on that."

"I will not give up on saying this until you acknowledge that you're wrong and send me back home."

"Then, explain why you have black hair."

"I'm telling you I have violet hair! Why don't you listen to me!"

I'm slowly nearing the end on how I can suppress my frustration at him.

"Then, are you a secret child of the Theoder?"

I froze and looked at him with disbelief. If someone hears this, it might become a bad rumor.

"Ha. Hahahahaha."

Best villain, my ass. He should get his brain and eyes checked first before I consider him as the best villain.

"Why are you laughing?" I stopped laughing and walked towards his direction.

"Stop." I didn't stop and continued to walk. I could here the clanking sound of metal as it bounced on the floor.

I pushed the back of his chair towards the table and leaned my face in front of his face.

"Hey. You... should stop spouting nonsense soon. Don't you know how much I'm trying my best to suppress the urge of lifting my middle finger to you?"

I saw him gulped as he looked straight into my eyes. I probably look intimidating since he has a complicated expression on his face.

I kind of want to gulp too now that I had a closer look on his face.

"Middle finger? How impudent. I may not know what you're talking about but you have been quite insulting and disrespectful to me." I walked backwards and shrugged.

"You did worse." I smirked and turned back.

***
I might not update in 2-3 days since I have exams and a lot of pending tasks and academic videos to watch. I don't want to study anymore ㅠㅠ