fourteen

DAVINA'S POV:

"I'll text you tomorrow", I bend down to the open window and smile. His eyes linger on mine for what seems like hours before he nods and looks away. A wave of sadness rolls through me and crashes at my lips because I start to frown.

He sighs and opens the car door until he is face to face with me. The divine smell of cologne and mint feels like a long-needed meditation when he comes closer. His eyes strain to mine and a smirk forms on his face.

"Can't get enough of me?" He taunts and runs a finger up to my shoulder and trails along my bare arms.

"Never", I whisper and feel a grin reach my ears. He tucks a brown lock behind my ear and dips his head. "Good because if you didn't I'd have to throw you back into my car and show you how much you want me."

A gasp passes my lips as I stare up at him with wide eyes. A sudden boot of electricity curling through my veins and making my stomach flutter. I pull my bottom lip into my mouth and suck on it harshly before I feel his finger rip it out.

"Don't bite on it", he furrows his brows and stares down at my swollen lip. "Only I do that."

Then why haven't you kissed me?

"I have to go", I push my palms against his chest and grip onto my purse. "Call me later?"

"Goodnight, chéri."

I chew on the inside of my cheek as I make my way into the kitchen and place my bag onto the island. A sigh fills the atmosphere as I pull open the refrigerator and grab a water bottle.

Footsteps smack against the marbled floors and the sounds of my mother's hum flow into my ears. "How was your night out?"

She wears a pink, silk robe wrapped around her body and her hair pulled into a claw clip. She grabs a bottle of wine from the liquor cabinet.

"Fine", I clip and feel my knuckles grip the counter. She practically drowns herself in the red wine before turning back to me.

Her eyes are fucking bloodshot.

"Your drinking again", I say and turn my eyes to look at the fruit bowl.

"It's a glass of wine", she scoffs and takes a seat at the breakfast nook. "Don't be silly."

"Yeah and then a glass turns into three bottles a day", I mumble under my breath. She cuts her eyes to me, a scowl implanted onto her freshly washed face. "Do you have something to say, little girl?"

"Nope", I chug a bunch of water and feel the liquid dripping onto my skin.

"Leave your mother alone", I hear a growl coming from the living room.

Water shoots out of my mouth as I feel myself choking on the damn shit. Knots curl and tighten in my stomach when I find my father's eyes glaring down at me.

His hair slicked back with gel and a little bit of stubble spreads across his chin and jaw.

"Father", I breathe out and watch him take a swig of whiskey. Bile rises in the back of my throat when I feel his eyes scan over my body and a look of disgust appears on his face.

"You look like a fucking whore", he slurs. Tears prickle in my eyes as I look down and see my dress riding up my thighs. My breasts were half spilling from the hem for everyone to see.

My lips form a frown when I see him walked closer to me. The crisp scent of soap and wood drifting through my nose and out of my mouth makes my stomach turn.

"No hello?" He barks out, making me jump back and slam my head against the refrigerator door. Large hands grip my chin and make me stare into a never-ending hole of darkness.

My father is the definition of hell.

I whimper from the pounding coming from my skull and the tight grip, tears flood past and fall down my cheeks. His head cocked to the side, visibly showing the crown tattoo that emerged into his neck.

"Get some sleep. You look like shit", he spits out before letting me go and walking back into the living room. I glance back at my mom who chugs the last of her wine. Her lips turned down.

I open the window and quickly climb out into the roof. The fresh air fanning my face and letting me breathe again.

I let out a sob as I wrap a blanket around my body, which is now covered in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Hiding the flesh that sits beneath.

I want to leave this fucking place. Burn it to the ground and watch my father turn to ash along with it.

As much as I hated my mom for drinking, I didn't blame her. Her life was pretty fucking shitty, having to be a maid for that selfish bastard who sips his expensive whiskey and demands everything.

"Daddy please", I beg through tears and feel my daddy remove his belt. My fragile arms shaking in fear as I heard him shuffle behind me.

"You need to be taught a lesson", he grits out and I can smell the alcohol seething from his tongue.

The black leather hits my bum, a loud cry for help erupting from my soar throat.

My daddy did it over and over again until I was taught to never go snooping in his office.

When he finally stopped he pulled down my nightgown and left me on my pink, princess-themed bed.

That was the first night it happened.

And it wasn't the last.

I let out a shaky breath as I remember that awful night. The six-year-old was innocent and only ever wanted to make her daddy proud.

The city lights dance in my eyes as I lay down and let the silent sobs fall from my face, falling into the blanket that was covered.

I heard my phone buzzing from the charger. It's vibrating sound, buzzing through my skull and forcing me to hear it.

I ignore it and slowly close my eyes.