What's this fuzzy feeling? | Diluc x GN!reader

Happy belated birthday Diluc 😩
anyways
sorry for not updating that much
_____________________________

You always felt this sort of.. attraction when you were near him.
You didn't quite understand it, but it was a warm comforting feeling, like you could just sit there for eternity and still not have enough.

Often times when you were near him you would zone out, just enjoying the bright red heads presence.
"Hey.. hey (y/n)" He called out to you.
He walked in front of the stool you were sitting on in the tavern, moving his hand in front of your eyes.
You snapped out of it.

"Y-yes! What do you need?" you stuttered getting drawn away to the spot on the wall you were gazing at.
He was going to question you, but sighed,
"You know, that's the third time i've caught you spacing out. Is something bothering you? Is there anything I can do to help?" he asked you worriedly, moving from his spot to go clean a glass.

You huffed. You wanted to tell him what you were feeling, but didn't know how.
You could go to Kaeya? But most of the times, anything coming out of his mouth was horny or non trustworthy.
Lisa was another option, but knowing her she would spill the secret with Amber.
Amber isn't a bad person, it's just hard to trust her with secrets.
She just wants to tell everyone everything because she's like nice or something idk.
Albedo did not care too much for relationships and any "advice" he's ever given you was too hard to follow or just didn't make sense.

You thought for a moment,
who wouldn't judge me, can keep their mouth shut, but also help?
"Aha! Alright I'll be back, see you later!" you hollered out to Diluc as you rushed out the tavern.

"Oh- uh okay. Be safe!" He called out after you, a bit confused.

As you ran up the steps of the Knights of Favonius headquarters you were stopped by Cyrus.
"Woah woah, calm down there (y/n)" he called out to you.
"Who are you in for?" You panted as you caught your breath, stairs not being the easiest thing to climb.
"S- huh, oh barbatos i need to work out more, Sucrose."

He signed and let you in, not bothering to ask why you needed her.
As per usual, she was in her lab with Albedo, who you didn't mind much over hearing your conversation.

"Sucrose! Sucrose!" you bursted through the doors calling out for the small green haired girl.
You looked inside to see Albedo peering over holding whatever in his hands and a jumpy Sucrose.
"Oh my! Don't do that you scared me (y/n)!" she whispered yelled.
"Sorry! Sorry, i just needed to talk to youu, of course if you're not busy."

She sighed, "You can go ahead and talk, but can you hand me that vial over there?"
You did as you were told and started ranting.

"Anyways! I can't tell if I like him or if he like is just nice to everyone and i don't wanna ask him cus if I don't like him or he doesn't like me then i can ruin our relationship and I don't wanna do that because he's really nice and i get free wine!" you finished off your 15 minute long session.
"You should figure out if you like him first. Maybe take him out for dinner platonically and get to know him more. Also i'm pretty sure he likes you, he's not nice to everyone you know."
At this point you'd gathered Albedo and Sucrose and they were both listening intently on this drama you had.

"Yea you're probably right. Anyways, what time is it?" you asked Albedo.
"Exactly 4:34 pm." he told you after looking out the window.
"okay fancy science man. Thank you both! I've got to go!" you picked yourself up and headed out the doors.
"Stop by any time!" you heard Sucrose yell out.

This time taking your time with the stairs, you walked down them heading back to the tavern. Dilucs shift wasn't supposed to end till midnight and he'd already been there since 12.
You made it just at 5pm ready and confident to talk to him.. or so you thought.

As soon as you stepped in the doorway all confidence was lost when you looked at him.
I mean he's so amazing in your eyes, Tall, beautifully soft hair, stunning eyes, everything about him made him look like he was crafted by a goddess.
After you were done gawking at his beAuty, you made your way over to an empty seat, calling him over.

"Welcome back, what was the sudden leave for?" He asked you, walking over to rest his head on his hands in front of your chair.
"I needed someone to talk to, don't worry about it. May I get a drink? I'll pay" you asked him.

He walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a glass and poured it into a cup.
"It's on the house" He smirked.
SMIRKED?
Let's just say that definitely made you feel something.

After a few hours of chatting with Rosaria who was also coincidentally at the bar, not working overtime, you checked the clock again.
"Wow, I didn't even notice it passed so quickly" you told her.
She nodded and told you she was leaving for the night.
"Alright goodnight, see you soon"
"Goodbye" she said as she shut the door behind her.

"As cold as usual-" you sighed as you turned around back to Diluc, who was still surprisingly working effortlessly, even though he'd been having to deal with annoying costumers all day.
"Well, i'm about to close up, if you wanna you can go to the back room, there's some water there and some chairs you can wait at" he told you, less like a choice and more of a 'go do this' kind of thing.
You did as you were told and hid in the back room while you waited for him to get every drunk person out.

He called your name once he was done and you walked back to him, behind the bar.

"So Diluc.." you started and quickly trailed off.
"Yes (y/n)?" he asked you, pulling your waist in closer to him to give you a hug.

It was painfully obvious how much he liked you, well to everyone but you. 
"You know that we're friends right?" you asked him nervously.
His face dropped into disappointment, as being "friend zoned".
"..yes, I do" he answered your question, backing away from you to go wipe some tables off.
You followed behind him before he turned around to look at you.
"What are you trying to say?" he asked you, setting the wipe down on the table.

You pulled his hands together and dragged him to the table across from you too, before sitting down on the top of it and looking up at him.
"So.." you started again, "Would you.. perhaps maybe wanna.. sigh, doyouwannagoonadatewithme?" you asked him all at once.

He paused before moving a hand to his mouth.
"Barbatos you are just too cute- that's what you wanted to ask me?" he laughed blushing a bit.
"Wha- So what's your answer?! Don't keep me waiting" you crossed your arms at him.

"Of course, love" he pulled you into his chest, letting you rest there a bit, taking it all in.
The cute pet name nearly killed you.

"R- wait really?" you asked, blushing as if you were a strawberry.
"Mhm" he simply replied
"Wait but like why?" you asked him curiously.

"I- by what do you mean why? You're you, of course i'd want to date you" He joked, letting go of the long hug he had you in.

You giggled and pulled him from his spot,
"Well, let's go!" you got excited and tried to rush him to the door.
"(Y/N).. it's Midnight" He yanked you back towards him.

"oh.. a nIGHT DATE!" you rose up again and dragged him out the door.
He sighed and obeyed to the date.
_____________________________

Part 2 for the date soon!

Still working on changing all the chapters to Gender Neutral!

Next chapter is Eula x GN! reader