Investigating the Crash

"We'll check out tomorrow, he said!" yelled Kasumi as she fired her MP7.

Jackson slapped a new mag into his SCAR, "I was tired okay! Now keep that wall of fire going!" Rising from his cover, Jackson quickly dropped a bandit with a clean headshot. After a good night of sleep, they were searching for the crash site and of course, there were bandits.

"Wyvern! Keep their fucking heads down!" Jackson yelled into his radio.

"Copy that," Wyvern replied and soon enough the crack of an SR-25 erupted from behind them.

"Alright Kasumi," Jackson beckoned, "on me!" Vaulting over their cover they rushed towards the group of bandits. Emptying his mag, suppressing the enemy, Jackson unsheathed his knife and jumped straight into their faces.

"What the Fu..." yelled a bandit as a karambit severed his throat. Another bandit raised his rifle to fire, but his chest was caved in by Kasumi's boot. Taking advantage of Kasumi's entrance, Jackson raised his 1911 and finished off the last bandit with a swift heart shot. Taking a deep breath, Jackson met Kasumi in the middle of their carnage.

"Are we in the clear Wyvern?" called Jackson. A shot answered him and a bandit fell dead behind him.

"You are now," Wyvern said, walking to them with her rifle's barrel smoking.

"Alright," laughed Jackson, who turned to Kasumi, "how was your first taste of combat."

Kasumi holstered her SMG, "It's an experience. It is quite harrowing but it's necessary

"Well at least you don't hate it," Jackson shrugged, "ok, let's see this lil crash site." The group, sweeping through the area, finally came to the main reason they got into a firefight. A Blackhawk laid in ruin, with a couple of bodies laid strewn around. Jackson kneeled down next to one of the facedown bodies. Flipping the body over, Jackson looked up and down. It was a man wearing a set of body armor, a set usually relegated towards PMC and spec ops. Bringing his finger to the man's neck, Jackson failed to feel a pulse.

"He's a goner," Jackson said standing up.

"Same here," Wyvern replied, checking one of the other bodies. Kasumi simply shook her head as Jackson looked at her. Sighing Jackson made his way towards the helicopter. The door was closed, which was weird. Placing both hands on the door Jackson pulled the handle to no avail. Taking a deep breath, Jackson yanked the door open with a mighty crash...Only to meet a Beretta to the face.

"Who are you?, a scared, childish voice cried out, "Where am I?" Jackson followed the arm of the person with the pistol, to find a girl aged around 11, with scrapes and bruises on her arms and legs.

Jackson slowly put his hands up, "I'm not here to hurt you."

The girl's small hands gripped the large frame of the pistol, "How am I supposed to trust you?!? I trusted those men! Until they put a bag over my head!" Hearing the screaming, Wyvern and Kasumi rushed towards the helicopter.

"Jackson!" screamed Wyvern as she and Kasumi raised their rifles towards the helicopter, seeing Jackson held at gunpoint.

Jackson saw the girl's eyes widen as she saw the two raise their weapons. "Stand down!" commanded Jackson, before things could go from bad to worse.

"But, sir... she's" stuttered Kasumi as Jackson glared at her. Looking at each other, they pulled down their weapons but still kept them on standby. Looking back at the helicopter, he saw the girl relax.

"How bout we talk then?" Jackson asked, hoping to make a connection with her, so she doesn't send a 9mm into his brain, "We're not with the soldiers back there." Jackson pointed his thumb towards the soldier's bodies.