x

[ chapter 10 ]

october 2, 2020
10:00 a.m
new york city, new york

- - - - -

And I was right. Ariana and I were indeed headlining again. Someone had caught her and I talking to Megan and Colson, and then several people took a picture of Ariana and I on stage, her legs wrapped around my waist and her arms around my neck.

The relationship rumors were off the charts but what did surprise me was how cool my label and PR was about it. It was like they expected it and just didn't really care.

"We're here, Ms. Y/l/n." The pilot smiled politely at me. I leaned my head back and sighed, lazily returning the smile.

"Time to go back to chaos." The man laughed and bowed his head before leaving. I sighed and my crew and I grabbed our stuff and walked off the jet. I was now back home, in New York, and we were going straight to Interscope for a meeting.

My bodyguards said they'll bring my things to my home, so I handed them my key and trusted them to do as told. When we reached the record building, I was immediately sent up to John Janick's office with Janet and Astro.

Astro knocked twice on the large wooden doors, instantly hearing a simple "Come in!".

Astro nodded at me and stayed outside the room as Janet and I walked in. I nodded back and then greeted John with a smile and a handshake.

"Nice to see you again, Y/n." I nodded. "You as well, Mr. Janick." He chuckled. "Just call me John." I nodded again and we all sat down after John greeted my manager.

"Alright! I want to start by saying, congratulations, Y/n for your album." I smiled wide and thanked him. "It has already hit #1 on iTunes worldwide. It has also already cracked Billboard top 100." My jaw dropped to the fucking floor.

"Holy shit, already!?" I gasped. "Sorry for my language, but th-that's amazing." I gawked, to which he chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"We're all adults here, Ms. Y/l/n. No worries. It is honestly quite incredible." He smiled, interlacing his fingers on his desk.

"Because of the already mass success, we're gonna keep an eye on it and if stays like this for the next couple weeks or so; we're thinking a tour could definitely be in the works." My heart dropped, but in a good way, and my smile grew even wider.

"Oh wow, really? Thank you so much." He nodded. "No, thank you. We're proud to say you're signed under us." I thanked him once again.

"Anyways, that wasn't all we wanted to talk about." He cleared his throat. The atmosphere changed slightly, and I could tell things were getting a bit serious.

"You and, uh, Ariana Grande?" I nodded curtly. "Yes, well, as you probably have noticed you girls are headlining big. Everyone's talking about this 'possible new flame'. I'm here to ask you myself, are you and Ms. Grande together?" I was a little surprised at this.

Why should it even concern him?

"Well, u-um," I chuckled nervously. "Not officially. But we're talking." Is all I said. He hummed, nodding slowly.