The Wedding

Aria smiled at herself in the mirror, today was her big day. She had been planning this wedding for months now, and now the big day had arrived. Ronnie was her maid of honor, and her bridesmaids were Wanda, Natasha, and Carol Danvers; who had come in at an unexpected time. Steve's best man was Peter and his groomsmen were Thor, Banner, and Clint.

Ronnie knocked on the closed bedroom door. It was time for everything to get started and they needed their bride to be. She was so giddy to walk down the isle with Peter and she was happy to see what her best friend looked like. No one was allowed to see her except her mother and the bridesmaids, she wanted her dress and everything to be a surprise to everyone.

"Aria?" she called softly.

"Come in" she called softly, still looking at herself in the mirror.

Natasha had done a great job curling her hair. All the bridesmaids were wearing dresses that were made of blue material, they had V-line necklines, and the front of the dresses stopped at the knees and flowed down to the ground in the back. The sleeves of the dresses stopped just above the elbow and were made of lace. Ronnie thought Aria did an amazing job picking out the dresses.

Ronnie had started to enter the room but had stopped in the doorway, just looking at Aria. Her best friend looked like a ray of sunshine; she was beautiful. Aria stood in front of her in a red wedding dress. She wanted the theme to be red white in blue in honor of Steve who had just come back from a mission with the military. Her dress was a deep velvet red with white lace over the top. Her sleeves of her dress were red lace that ran all the way down her arm and stopped at wrists. Her hair was pinned up with small curls hanging down.

"Oh, Aria," she said softly. "You look beautiful."

She giggled trying not to cry. She didn't want to ruin her makeup. She looked at her best friend, happy that she was here. Everything was perfectly planned out from her dress to the reception. She knew that all of her friends and family were downstairs waiting for everything to get started. Downstairs was Steve and the beginning of her future. Going downstairs meant that her life was going to change for the better. 

"Thank you."

She turned around and grabbed the something blue that Natasha had had let her barrow. She put the blue butterfly pin in her red hair. She smiled and turned and looked at the mirror and admired how the blue popped out against the red.

"Perfect," Ronnie smiled, still standing by the door. "Everything is ready downstairs." She held her arm out to Aria.

"It's time huh?" she said, turning around and looking at Ronnie.

"It's time," she confirmed.

Aria took a deep breath and walked over to Ronnie and took a hold of her arm. She was so nervous, but so ready to walk down the isle and be next to Steve. She was ready for this step in her future, she wanted to run down the stairs so badly. It was taking all of her strength not to just sprint down there, sprint to him. 

"I'm so nervous." she said with a giggle.

"You know there's no reason to be, right?" Ronnie said, gently squeezing her arm reassuringly. "Today's going to be perfect."

Aria nodded her head and took another deep breath. Aria started to walk to the door not letting go of Ronnie's arm. Ronnie walked beside her to the top of the stairs, before stopping. Aria knew that Tony was at the bottom of the stairs, waiting to walk her down the isle. The music would start, she would walk down to him, he would deliver her to Steve. 

"I need to go start the music now," she told her friend. "You'll be great." With a last encouraging smile at Aria, she hurried away.

Aria watched her best friend descend the stairs and waited for the music to start. She took a deep breath and shook her hands a little bit to wash off the jitters that she had. As the music started up, she put her hand on the rail and started walking down the stairs. In her mind, she asked herself why the hell she wanted stairs. The dress and the heels made her feel like she was about to fall head first down the stairs.