Chapter Five

Eric's POV

------------------------------

Last night was...what's the word? Misfortunate? Unpleasant? Disastrous? So many words, but above all, unsuccessful. We went to Mexico with six of our people and one mission, and came back with four of our people, plus a fifteen year-old girl we spontaneously kidnapped, and our mission still remains incomplete.

We're on the plane now back to Italy, three hours into the flight. These past three hours have been silent, which I'm not complaining about. I've spent the past few hours thinking of how my dad will react, whether or not he'll be angry, which I have no clue of. When Alex brought an innocent to the compound who he thought was working for someone else, my dad didn't have a big reaction, so he'll probably react the same way this time. Though, he might be angry at us for not completing our mission, but I think we have a pretty good reason.

"Sorry, father, we couldn't complete our mission because a crazy Russian lady almost tried to kill us because she thinks we killed her brother, and Flynn and Dex have been kidnapped by the Mexicans, so we decided to kidnap the boss's daughter. Hope you understand."

I will say that if I have to.

Lucas and Ben are sitting on a beige, leather couch on the plane. I'm sitting on one of the chairs in front of it that looks exactly like the couch, but a fifth of the size. I spin a half-full glass of scotch around in my hand, causing the liquid to swirl around. My other arm lays on the left arm-rest of the chair, and my eyes are glued to the bright view of the sky outside the window. We let Isabel stay in the bedroom so she could get some rest. Also, she's already uncomfortable having to sleep in a dress, since we don't have any spare clothes, so the least we could do was give her a bed.

And I have no idea where that son of a bitch Alex is.

Is he even on the plane?

Yes, he is. I just don't know where.

"Lucas."

"Yeah?" he responds, looking up from his laptop.

"What are you doing?" I ask in an emotionless tone with my head tilted back and my eyes almost fully shut. Fucking hell, I'm tired. I just want to sleep. If I close my eyes for more than three seconds, I bet I'll pass out.

"Watching a show," he mumbles, looking back down at his laptop.

"Go find Alex."

He looks at me with a frown, then nods and puts the laptop aside. Then he stands up and enters another part of the plane.

"Why do you wanna see Alex?" Ben asks as emotionless as I sounded, with one of his arms dangling off the couch and the other across his face, covering his eyes. He's laying flat on his back with his legs straight and one foot overlapping the other, still with his shoes on.

"I don't," I reply. My eyes are closed now, and even though I'm desperate for sleep, I can't seem to relax properly. "But we need to discuss what we're going to do with Isabel once we get back to the compound."

"Isn't your father in charge of that? Or Anthony?"

"Yes, but we'll probably have a say in it since we caused all this."

"I didn't do shit."

I open my eyes and give him a hard stare. "You were holding her still while Alex had a gun in his hand."

He sighs. "We weren't actually going to shoot her, we were just trying to scare her."

"Mhmm."

I honestly think that Ben would make a better capo than Alex. He's more experienced and more mature. He doesn't joke around on missions like Alex does. He takes things more seriously. He doesn't act on impulse.