Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Dominique and Ruby are taking me to the mall tonight. I covered the hickeys that were visible, and I used the last of my green concealer.

I walked out to the living room and Simon watched tv on the couch. And, of course, Wayne was here, cooking something on the stove.

I still need to apologize to him. I need to let him know that he did nothing wrong. Wayne is probably thinking that it's his fault, which couldn't be farther from the truth. I need to tell him everything's okay.

"What happened at school on Thursday?" Simon turned off his show and turned around in his seat.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You made a scene in the middle of the hallway."

"He's talking about Kelsey," Wayne spoke up.

I glanced at him briefly, then back to the interested Simon. "I saw someone being touched by someone without consent, so I intervened."

"But, it was just a girl," he said matter-of-factly.

"What difference does that make?"

Simon sighed. "It's not a big deal."

Wayne stopped stirring the food he was making and looked over his shoulder. He kept his head down, his face blank. He shook his head, dusting his thoughts away, then continued cooking.

"Fuck you, Simon," I said under my breath.

"Huh?"

My phone buzzed in my hand.

Dom: Here

"W- Anderson," I caught myself, "the girls are outside, could I have some money for the mall?"

"That's rude," Simon scoffed.

"That's rude?" I said, incredulously.

Wayne met my eyes for the first time. A hint of guilt shined in his expression, but only ones who have worn this look can recognise it.

"What store?" He asked, looking back down. Up close, I noticed he was cooking stir fry, the aroma mouth-watering. I heard Simon's show play again.

"I forgot the name, hold on." I went to Safari and searched up the place. When I got to the Victoria's Secret website I flipped the screen to him, and only him. "Here."

Wayne looked from the corner of his eye, and had to double take. He raised his brows and dropped his jaw. Wayne licked his lips and twisted them into a smile.

"It's in my back pocket," he swallowed.

I slid my hand up his butt and softly pulled out his wallet. Wayne stopped moving and put down his spatula.

"How much can I-"

"Take it all."

I smirked. I can't wait to surprise him.

"Thank you. I'll find a way to pay you back." I gave him a little squeeze and a wink.

Wayne longed for me, so much that I saw the desperation on his face. I wish we were alone. I know he would indulge in our desires.

I turned and walked out the front. It took me a second to catch my breath, surprised by my own confidence. I headed to Dominique's car. As I slid in the backseat, I had an epiphany.

"Oh god," I groaned. "Am I going to third wheel the entire day?"

Ruby smirked over her shoulder. "Maybe, considering where we're going."

Dom took off, driving erratically. It's a short drive to the mall, and she made it even shorter.

"Could we stop at Ulta?" I asked. "I ran out of concealer."

Ruby dug through the glove box, until she pulled out what I needed. "Here," she said, offering it to me.

I sighed. "Thanks."

"Didn't you just buy some?"

I smiled and looked down. "Yeah."

"Damn," Dom spoke up, raising her eyebrows. "What's his name again?"

I rolled my eyes at her stupid attempt to get a confession out of me. "Nice try."

"Shit. Well, lets see what he did."

I pulled up my shirt, thankful for the tinted windows. Dom looked in the rear view mirror. There was about 6 on my stomach alone.

"Oh my-"

"Dom, the road!" Ruby interrupted.

Dominique swerved back into place, giving a wave as an apology to the driver next to us. I fixed my tee and laughed at the distraction.

Ruby sighed and looked back over her shoulder. "Dom's right, Brina, oh my god." She turned to her. "You should show her yours."

"Ruby Moss, do you want me to crash this car?" Dominique yelled, gripping the steering wheel.

I slapped my hand over my mouth and giggled.

~

When we got in Victoria's Secret, we all went our different ways. Ruby and Dom are shopping for each other, picking out cute lingerie.

With Wayne's investment, I will be able to get something we could both enjoy. I'm scared for the long night we will have when I wear it. Who knows what he will do to me.

I looked around and tried to find something. I avoided the employees. I already know my bra size and I don't want to have an awkward conversation.

I rummaged through the lingerie. I pulled out a couple of pairs, but one stood out the most. It was a red teddy, lace and crotchless, and had a plunging neckline. It looked like it was barely anything, so I thought it was perfect.

"What are you getting?" Dom rested her chin on my shoulder, and I felt her mouth open wide. "Holy shit! Beth, I never thought you were the type of person to get something like that."

"Do you think it's too much?" I bit my lip and found my size. "Too bold or something?"

"Oh, shut it," Ruby said, sneaking up on us. "If you like it and he doesn't, then fuck him."

I nodded, smiling as I pictured his reaction. Wayne's jaw would drop, practically drooling over it. He would put on that sexy smirk of his.....

"Alright, I'm getting it."

We got up to the front. Ruby and Dominique turned away when they bought their choices for each other. Ruby got her a red slip and Dom got her a black babydoll.

SnapChat

ME

Thank you Wayne

Thank you Wayne

WAYNE
When do I get to see it on you?

ME
I'm saving it for a special day ;)

WAYNE
Please don't make me wait

ME
Be patient

WAYNE
No.

I smiled at my phone. I get it. I am desperate to show him, too.