─ ¹². WE'RE DANCING, OF COURSE!

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐 *•. ┄┄

𝒑𝒂𝒅𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆!

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

It looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship.

Well, for Hermione it wasn't, but she was being ignored or glared at by the red-haired so naturally, she did the same. She was mad that Ron had tried to kick Crooks, but she was madder that the cat didn't get the rat.

This was unfortunate for Harry because he wanted to spend time with both of them. Usually, he'd stay with Ron but sometimes when he wasn't, and also wasn't at practices, he and Hermione would play a one-on-one Quidditch game or race in their brooms—they usually tied or Harry would win by one.

Hermione didn't waver on her statement that the rat was alive—she knew it was. Yet, Harry and Ron believed otherwise and she always shrugged them off with a "You'll see."

The thing was, even if mad at each other they hung out together sometimes — not alone, mind you. Harry was always around. One time in the common room, Ron was sulking sending side glares at Hermione, who was casually flipping through a fashion magazine—her new obsession—,the others saw this and tried to cheer him up.

"Come on, Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was," said Fred bracingly. "And he's been off-color for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly—one swallow—he probably didn't feel a thing."

Hermione bit down a laugh at that, having to cough instead, earning a wink from Fred.

"Fred!" said Ginny indignantly.

"All he did was eat and sleep, Ron, you said it yourself," said George, and Hermione was biting her lip to prevent herself from smiling (because no one cared for the rat) or sulking (because the thing wasn't actually dead).

"He bit Goyle for us once!" Ron said miserably and Hermione had to stop herself from laughing. "Remember, Harry?"

"Yeah, that's true," said Harry.

"His finest hour," said Fred, unable to keep a straight face, and Hermione was biting her lip so hard now, she was afraid it'd bleed. "Let the scar on Goyle's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory. Oh, come on, Ron, get yourself down to Hogsmeade and buy a new rat, what's the point of moaning?"

Ron still sulked after that—and randomly glared at Hermione, who would, in return, smile at him or simply flip him off, or even take a picture much to the other's amusement. As a last attempt to cheer Ron up, Harry told him to came along to the last practice before the Ravenclaw match. Hermione stayed in the common room, though. She didn't have the energy or patience to go.