Chapter 12

"I'm telling you Chief, it's Asami." Korra exclaimed as she frantically followed the older woman around the room.

"Where's the evidence to back it up officer?" Lin asked. She didn't stop walking.

Korra stepped in front of the Chief, stopping her and gaining her full attention.
"You said that Mako was after money right and his kid. Well Asami has a son, Hiro. She owns a house that costs way more than she earns but claimed that her friend gave it too her." Korra explained.
"it all makes sense Chief, we need to look into it."

"How do you know this?" Lin asked and crossed her arms.

"She invited me over and we.. talked." Korra muttered, remembering the events from last night.

"She invited you over?" Lin's brow ascended with curiousity.

"...to dinner."

Lin rolled her eyes and moved past Korra, continuing her journey to the interrogation room.
"I hope you know how messy that will be for her when this case is over."

Korra jogged by her side with a frown on her face.
"Yeah yeah I know but I'm positive it's Asami, it's the only lead we have."

"Alright, I'll get Opal to have a look on the system. We'll see if she can find anything about who owns that house." Lin sighed and opened the door for the officer.
"Kuvira is with Tahno, you should probably get in there too."

"Wait, why is she in there?" Korra asked, squinting her eyes to adjust to the darkness. It was always dark this room, the only light coming from the two way mirror.

"She's trying to get more details about Mako's position. If you didn't know already, we searched the places Tahno thought he would be but there was no sign of him." Lin explained, crossing her arms as she watched Kuvira press for answers. Korra nodded and made her way inside.

Tahno leaned back on his seat, rocking it back and forth, bored out of his mind. He looked at the picture on the table again and groaned.
"I've already told you, I don't know where that place is." He replied, shaking his head at the photo of a coffee shop. He had never seen that place before.

Kuvira huffed and threw another photo down, a larger building, quite a tall structure.
"What about this one?"

Tahno stopped rocking on his chair for a moment.
"No, doesn't ring a bell." He continued to rock. A smile appeared on his lips once Korra sat herself down next to Kuvira.
"Morning officer."

Korra completely ignored him.
"And this one?" Kuvira threw a picture of the school down in front of him.

He looked at it, thoroughly. He shook his head.
"No."

"You've worked with Mako for years correct?" Kuvira asked, she was on the verge of giving up.

"Yeah.. sort of."

"I know you've told us where he might be, we've searched and we've found no traces." Kuvira explained and leaned herself onto the table.
"So, let's say you were Mako and the thing you were looking for was located in this school on Avatar street. Where would you hide in the time being?"

"On Uh-vatar street duh."

"Avatar." Korra corrected, earning a light chuckle from the man in front. Korra prepared herself to leap over the table and strangle this guy until he coughed up the right answers, but Kuvira stopped her by placing a gentle hand onto her shoulder to sit her back down.

"I need you to take this seriously Tahno." Kuvira sighed.
"Take a vague guess, this could help you as well you know."

"Look, as much as I'd love to help you lovely ladies, I honestly don't know anything else." Tahno said.
"What's the big deal about this school anyway?"