69. scratches

She sighed as she sat down on the couch, her head was burning like crazy. She had been released from the hospital yesterday but she still felt like shit. Joe had been a sweetheart and helped her with everything he possible could.

Harry had left after their talk, she hadn't heard from him since. She tried to avoid thinking about him, she had made her decision.

Joe walked in the room with a smile on his face, "El will be home in an hour or so, is that okay?" She nodded, "That's fine, I miss her." "I know you do. She is excited to see you."

She faintly smiled, "I might get a shower before she comes, is that okay?" "Of course love. Let me know if you need help with anything." "Will do." She got up and pecked his lips before going upstairs.

She took a shower before getting dressed. She put on some simple blue jeans and a white sweater with a cat on it. She smiled in the mirror before going downstairs. Joe smiled as he saw her, "There's some food in the kitchen, you need it before you take your pills. Let me know if you want something else."

Taylor smiled and nodded, "You're the best, thank you baby." She went into the kitchen and ate the food Joe had made for her before taking her pills.

She walked back into the living room, smiling as she saw Joe. "How long until El is here?" "Mm, five minutes or so." She smiled and sat down next to him. "Kiss" she whispered which made Joe turn to her and peck her lips. She smiled, "Good boy."

A few minutes later the doorbell rang. Taylor got up and walked into the hallway. She opened up the door and smiled as she saw Elodie there. "El!" Elodie jumped into Taylor's arms, "Mommyyyy!" the little girl excitedly yelled out.

Taylor lifted her up, "I missed you." She kissed her daughters cheek with a smile painted on her lips. "I missed you mommy" Elodie said with a bright smile as she hugged her mother.

"Hey mom, do you want to come inside?" Taylor asked Andrea as she looked up at her with a smile. "No love, I have to go by your brother right now. I'll catch up with you later. Are you okay?" Taylor nodded, "I'm fine now, thank you so much for watching Elodie."

"Of course, let me know if I can help." "Will do, thank you so much mom."

They bid their goodbyes and Taylor went back inside with Elodie. "Joey is inside." "Joey?!" she excitedly yelled out before jumping out of Taylor's arms and running into the living room.

By the time Taylor got to the living room Elodie was already in Joe's arms telling him about stuff she had done in the past few days. Taylor laughed as she sat down next to them.

"Mommyyy can we go buy ice cream later?" Taylor nodded, "Of course, we will go get some later, where do you want to get some?" "Mmm, Ice car!"

She laughed, the answer was no surprise. Elodie loves the ice car, she always wanted to go there. "And who will pay? Are you paying for us Ellie?" Joe said as he chuckled. "Emhh, nuhhh!" Elodie pulled a scared face, knowing she didn't have any money to pay with. "Hush El, I was kidding. Joey will pay for you lil one." He laughed and shook his head.

"I'll go get my bag and then we can go." Taylor got up and walked into the hallway. She grabbed her bag and slid into a pair of sneakers. "Okay let's go" she yelled into the living room.

A few minutes later they were sitting outside on a bench having some ice cream. Elodie went with chocolate, Taylor with vanilla and Joe went with strawberry.

"Is it good?" Taylor asked Elodie and Joe. Joe just nodded and Elodie excitedly started a rant about how good it was. "This is LITERALLY the best ice cream I have ever ever had. It is sooooo good like... chocolate chocolate chocolate"

Taylor laughed and shook her head. "Do you want to taste some of mine?" Elodie excitedly nodded, "Yes pleaseee" Elodie took a bite from the vanilla ice cream and nodded in approval.

"Heyyy, I want to taste some!" Joe said as he gave a fake jealous look. "Hushh, you little baby. Have some." Taylor held out her spoon with some ice cream for Joe to have. Joe took a bite and smiled.

"This is good yes, remind me to get vanilla next time." "I told you that this time too, you wouldn't listen!" "Well I didn't know how good it was."

"It is very unfair both of you took a bite from my ice cream yet I don't get to taste any of yours." "Mine mine mine!" Elodie said as she shook her head. Joe chuckled, "Here you go love, have some."

Taylor chuckled and took a bite from Joe's Ice cream, "Wait this is good, I love this. El, taste this" "Joeyy give me some" Elodie demanded.

"Noo" He said as he shook his head. "Pleaseee" "Okay fine. One bite." Elodie smiled in victory before taking a bite from his ice cream. "Mmm, yum."

They finished their ice cream before going to a playground so Elodie could play for a bit. Taylor and Joe sat on a bench as Elodie was playing with some of the kids from the neighborhood, most of the kids went to school with her so she knew them.

"I missed her." Taylor said as she watched Elodie play. "Me too, she's a cutie." "Truly, she is." They both smiled as they watched her play.

After about an hour and a half Elodie fell and scratched her knee. Taylor rushed over to her and picked her up. "Come on baby, let's go home and clean this little booboo." Elodie nodded trough her tears. They walked home, it wasn't a long walk from the playground to the house.

Joe opened the door and Taylor brought Elodie to the kitchen. She put her down on the counter as Joe grabbed the little box they had for it this stuff happened, which it did quite often.

Taylor put some alcohol on a cotton pad, "Okay El this will sting a little but it's important, okay?" Elodie nodded with a pout on her lips.

Taylor put it on the wound as she cleaned it, making Elodie cry a bit more than she already was. Joe held her hand and softly rubbed circles on it to try and calm her down. Once Taylor was done cleaning she grabbed the band-aids.

"Which one do you want today baby?" Taylor asked. Elodie looked trough the ones that they had and picked a "frozen" band-aid. Taylor carefully applied it. "Tadaa, all cleaned up!"

Elodie smiled, "Can me and Joey go color?" Taylor nodded, "Yes honey, you can." She put her down, Elodie grabbed Joe's hand and dragged him into the living room to go color right away.

A/N

A filler chapter with some Elodie content as she deserves more time in the book ! She would be around 7 or 8 now maybe even 9¿ so I'm just kind of going off on around that. If anyone truly kept track of what age she should be lmk as I have no idea. I'll try to update more with some drama tomorrow !!