1.2

[1.2]

Pro Bending

A few days have passed since Korra was allowed to remain in Republic City. Rae was busy trying to find young Taiyo, but nothing seemed to work. The boy seemed to have disappeared in thin air. The woman would visit Korra every day at the air temple island, to see how her airbending training was doing.

One night, after a long shift at the police station, Rae decided to pay Korra a small secret visit. She changed into some more comfortable clothes, leaving the heavy metal uniform in her office. Her dark viridian coat was keeping Rae warm, even if she didn't need the extra clothes because of her fire bending. A black scarf covered her hair. It was the best disguise for her. The people of Republic City knew who Rae Akemi was, but most of them had no idea how she looked like. The only thing that made them recognize her was the unusual color of her hair. If she covered it, no one would know it was her.

Rae stepped on the island and thanked the captain of the ferry. She walked as quietly as she could, trying not to wake up the few White Lotus members stationed at the small dock of the island. She walked near the water, trying to get to Korra's room. However, before she could walk to the building, a heavy body smashed into her, making both fall to the ground. Rae looked up, ready to shout at the person that made her fall when she saw Korra groaning on the floor.

"Korra?"

The Avatar looked up to see Rae. Her white hair was sticking out of her scarf and a dimming blue flame covered her gloved hand. The Avatar's eyes widened. She got up and helped Rae to her feet.

"What are you going here," asked Korra.

"I came to see you," answered Rae while cleaning the dust off her coat, "It was a busy day and I thought you'd like some late company..."

Korra nodded and an awkward silence settled around the two women.

"I'm sorry," started Rae. Korra's eyes widened. It wasn't every day that Rae Akemi would mutter those words. "I've been cold towards you lately," she continued and Korra nodded her head, "I wasn't a real friend to you for the last days... I just have a lot on my plate at this moment. This city isn't safe for you... or for anybody."