l. stay

🎶. Kaun Mera (Sunidhi Chauhan)

 Kaun Mera (Sunidhi Chauhan)

"Brief me about your future aims, Miss

"Brief me about your future aims, Miss. Rao. I want to know what you plan to do next." Mr. Smith stated.

"Well," Naina took a short pause, "to be honest, Mr. Smith, I know I may be expecting a lot when I've just started my business, but my next aim is to open Elira Store. And then, expand the branches all over the world."

"You think you can do that?" He countered.

"I will. One day." She nodded confidently.

Mr. Smith's lips broadened into a smile. "Oftentimes, young people like you limit their strength and passion by questioning their own abilities. I like how you said you will do it. And not can." He sighed. "Because that's what I need as an assurance. Your answer doesn't require a time period, your confidence is enough to make me believe that it'll happen soon." He added gently. "I'm ready to invest in your business."

Naina froze.

"Miss. Rao?" Mr. Smith called out, an amused smile playing on his lips.

Avyan cleared his throat, nudging her arm with his elbow and she blinked out of her reverie, stifling a grin and nodding rapidly. "Thank you, Mr. Smith," she stood up, offering him a hand. He clasped her hand in a firm shake, smiling encouragingly at her.

"Don't make me regret my decision."

"I won't." She promised.

Avyan collected the files and Pendrive, thrusting them in his backpack and nodding at the two men politely as he followed his boss out. The two stood silently in front of the elevator, stepping in once it opened. He spared a worried glance at her, frowning at her quiet stance. "You okay?"

She let out a breath. "A little overwhelmed, but I'm fine." She mumbled.

He nodded and looked back, waiting for the elevator to halt. They walked out of the lobby and Avyan told her to wait so he could fetch a cab. Just as he moved forward, she hunched forward, holding his hand quickly. He stiffened and looked over his shoulder, brows furrowing in confusion.