Chapter 16

The fight begins

Steve ran out into the open towards a stationed helicopter, only to stop when a small device fried the engine circuits.

"Wow it's so weird how you fun into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony sarcastically said, touching to the floor in his iron man suit along with war machine. "Definitely weird." Rhodey agreed.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve tried to reason. At the same time, T'Challa made his way to the three, "Captain." He greeted.
"Your Highness."

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?

"You're after the wrong guy." Cap said blatantly. "Your judgement is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday." Tony retorted.
"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Steve. You know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" Natasha asked, making her way to the others. The lack of reply from the super soldier answered the question for Tony.

"All, right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Tony yelled, calling someone in. They spun over, wearing a red and blue suit. White stringy webs shot out and grabbed Cap's shield. At the same time, the webs tied his hands together.
"Nice job, kid." Tony said.
"Thanks. Well I could have stuck the landing a little better, it's just, new suit. It's nothing Mr Stark. It's perfect. Thank you." His voice was childlike, clearly just around the same age as Katia like she had said previously.

"Yeah we don't really need to start a conversation." Tony said, dismissing all the talk. "Okay. Cap-Captain. Big fan. I'm Spider-Man." The kid rambled on. "Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Good job."

"You've been busy." Steve stated. "And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, 'rescuing' Wanda and Katia from a place they didn't even want to leave, a safe place."  Steve's face grew slightly more angry at Tony's words. "You really think they wanted to be there? Kat said she felt like you locked her up! you really think thats somewhere she didn't want to leave?"

"I'm trying to keep...I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." Tony continued, almost unfazed by what Cap said.
"You did that when you signed."

"Alright, we're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us, because it's us or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite." Steve stared at Tony, he knew the risks that came with this. "Come on." Tony pleaded under his breath.

"Cap, we've found it." Sam's voice said over comms. "The Quinjet's in hanger five, north runway."

Steve lifted his tied hands up over his head, an arrow ripped through the web with perfect accuracy. "Alright Lang." Steve said.
"Hey guys, something-" The kid started to say, but was cut off by Scott returning to his original size and kicking him over.
"Whoa, wh-what the hell was that?" Rhodey stammered. "I believe this is yours, Captain America." Scott said, handing the shield over. "Oh great." Tony muttered. "All right there's two on the parking deck. One of them is Wanda, I'm gonna grab her. Rhodey, you wanna take Cap?" He asked, flying off in the direction of the parking deck.

"Got three in the terminal, Wilson, Barnes and Maximoff." Rhodey said to the group. "Barnes is mine." T'Challa clarified, speeding off in their direction. Cap threw his shield up at Rhodey, knocking him back.

Cap ran after T'Challa, hitting him over with the shield before they could get a chance to go after the three inside. He grabbed the king and flung him back. "Move Captain. I won't ask a second time." T'Challa warned before throwing his feet at Cap, hitting the shield twice.