Rwby Vol. 8 Part 10

--Your POV--

Y/n: *sighs* Just, look, don't be--

A bright flash of light glowed intensely from Weiss' window and it caught us all off guard.

--Before the lightshow, no POV--

Winter leads the Ace-Ops toward the whale Grimm as they carried the bomb, only to be knocked back from the shockwave of what appears to be a nuke. When the dust begins to settle, they got back up to their feet and checked their bodies for any wounds.

Winter: *heavy breathing* Is everyone alright? | Vine: *stretches* No injuries here. | Elm: *pats her head* WHAT?! | Marrow: They...they were still inside!

The Faunus climbed up a mound and can see the decaying corpse of the humungous Grimm, its skeleton exposed for all to see. What breaks Marrow's heart is the children that they've send inside that thing, and now they're dead...

Ironwood: *radio* Target destroyed, good work, but no time to celebrate. Return to the Academy at once. We've got a new problem.

Marrow: But, that wasn't us. | Winter: Then we can tell him in person. Load it back up, we're leaving!

--Meanwhile, Jack's POV--

Coughing from the dust and smoke filling the atmosphere, I hear Yang receiving a call. I wobbled over to her side and see Blake calling her.

Yang: Blake? | Blake: Yang! Are you okay? Where are you? | Jack: Yeah, we're fine. Is everyone there all right? | Y/n: We're alive! Weiss! Ruby! William! They're okay!

Meanwhile, as they cheer, I hear Oscar talking with Ren, Jaune, and Niko about what to do with Emerald.

Weiss: I'm sending you a map. You're in the agricultural area, just head to this point to reach the red line subway tunnel then follow the route I've drawn for you. | Jack: Got it. We'll see you soon.

So, we headed our way and eventually got into the subway tunnel Weiss was talking about. On the way there, Oscar opened up about if we're willing to have Emerald assist us.

Yang: You can't be serious. You want us to work with her? | Oscar: I'm just saying it makes the most sense. We're all enemies of Salem, including her. | Emerald: *her hands up with her weapons in Yang's possession* No, I'm with Blondie. You don't like me, I don't like you, so how about we just part ways and you never have to see me again.

Jaune: *points his sword at her* You're not going anywhere, not after everything you've done. | Ren: We can't let all of our actions stem from fear. If she could help us, I think we should consider it. | Jack: I...think its a good idea. Besides, if she ever messed with us again, a simple zap from me and she's out. (finished with lightning coursing through him)

Yang: *malicious* She is part of the reason I have this. (shows her robotic arm) I'm not going to just forgive her! Everything that happened at Beacon. She lied to us, tricked us. She is dangerous! | Oscar: You don't have to forgive her. You have every reason to feel that way. Just, maybe give her a second chance. We've already gotten quite a bit of help today from someone we don't exactly trust right now.

Ren: Do you mean Ozpin? | Jack: I was just about to say that. (Oscar lets out a gasp) | Ren: I had a feeling. | Jack: I heard you talking to yourself. Back then, you usually do that when Ozpin's talking to ya. | Yang/Jaune: Wait what?! / Oz is back? | Niko: Eh? (we all stop and focused on each other)

Oscar: I know how you feel, but he saved my life. When we were tortured, he took it, so I wouldn't have to... (grabs Ozpin's cane and activates it) He entrusted me with this, and the massive amount of power he had stored up in it. Kinetic energy that he spent lifetime after lifetime accumulating in the cane he built.