XXXIX

Fᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ʏᴇᴛ ᴜɴғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ

Before the two could step out of dinner, Xiao asked that the two wait until they reached the Inn first, M/n wanted to protest but reluctantly agreed

Before the two could step out of dinner, Xiao asked that the two wait until they reached the Inn first, M/n wanted to protest but reluctantly agreed. Once dinner over and done with, the group makes it to the Inn; Xiao and Aether end up playing with both Zylith and the kitten while allowing M/n to speak with Zhongli without Zylith being attached to his hip.
As the two step out onto the balcony, M/n made sure to close the door behind them to have more privacy.
"What is it?"

".... It's about Escal. You felt it too, I know it."
Zhongli suddenly felt uncomfortable about this conversation but he knew it was one they both need to have at the moment.
"Indeed I did...But what does it have to do with us?"

"A lot. I don't know why I suddenly remembered this but Escal used two elements. The only person besides myself that I know of that can weld more than one element is Aether and that's because he's an out-worlder."Zhongli gave M/n quite the bewildered expression but it soon clicked for him.
"He was in Snezhnaya...How do you know this?"

"Because we met later on in Mondstadt, he used Dendro. Even Zylith confirmed it for me, no other human should have two soul scents unless a Delusion is involved, Tartaglia is a great example but Escal doesn't smell like Mist flowers...Then he's too familiar and yet unfamiliar to us both. If I recall, there are certain aspects of his face I can't remember after he leaves, mainly remembers his eye color and the constant thought of his hair color seeming out of place on him."Zhongli begins to ponder on the thought for a second before pushing it aside with a sigh.
"M/n, I think that's a bit of a reach and if I think this is going in the way I believe it's going, it's too soon to touch that wound...."

"I think it's time that we do Zhongli. We'll never know until we ask-"

"M/n! No this is insanity. You said so yourself, you saw him..."Once again M/n was beginning to become annoyed, he could tell Zhongli didn't want to make sense of what he said. So M/n turns around; now facing the railing of the balcony. He looks down at the stone path below and made up his mind.
"Fine, then I'll do this alone."

"Wait what are you-"M/n jumps into the rail interrupting Zhongli in the process. Stunned by this Zhongli hurriedly askes M/n to get down in a hushed voice as to not alert the others inside.
"You're either coming with me or not. I've made up my mind and there's nothing you can do to change it. I need to know the truth that Escal is hiding and I won't back down until I get it."

"Now's not the time to be headstrong like Xiao and Aether! Escal could be dangerous-"

"No more than you. At this point, I have no choice but to face danger head-on because if I keep running from it... Nothing will come to light."M/n sighs heavily, he knew that being headstrong at this moment wasn't smart but he was restless and anxious. Suddenly the wind picks up violently and it was M/n's doing, this causes Zhongli to shield his face for a moment and when the wind settles, his eyes widened when uncovered.

 Suddenly the wind picks up violently and it was M/n's doing, this causes Zhongli to shield his face for a moment and when the wind settles, his eyes widened when uncovered

Behind M/n were a pair of beautiful wings made from the wind itself; each color representing the elements.
"How...?"

"You can learn a lot from Venti. I'll be going now."

"No, wait!!"M/n takes off into the night sky, leaving Zhongli on the balcony with no way of calmly explaining that M/n took off to the others and wishing he would have just gone along with him.
"If they didn't trust me with Mora, they're definitely not going to trust me in being alone with M/n anymore, this is the second time he's run off under my supervisor."Zhongli mutters while facepalming from his stupidity. He reaches for the door to open it but Aether calls out right before he could turn the handle.
"I swear to the Archons, if M/n isn't with you when you come back in, you'll sleep outside tonight. This isn't a threat, it's a promise."

"....." Zhongli removes his hand for the door then turns in the direction M/n flew off into.
Why did I see that coming?

As M/n walks around, he askes around to see if anyone saw where Escal went. His search leads just outside of Liyue Harbor and near the Golden house. M/n didn't know this area on bit but took his chances walking around for a while.
"This is where they last saw him-"

"Well, well if it isn't the useless leash of Childe."The voice was unfamiliar causing M/n to duck down in the nearby bushes to prevent from being caught. When he peeked through it was Escal and another; a male with dark navy blue hair and strange clothing.
"That hurts my feelings, I've been good to you Scaramouche."Escal sneers lowly, as if not liking how he was greeted by the other. As M/n watches the two interact, he grew more curious.
"Oi! I know you're there, come out!"