Chapter 7 - Almost Died.... Again

Resh had consumed much of the top foliage of the tree. So, it unfurled its wings and flew to the next tree and then continued to flit about there until it could not fly anymore.

You get a 50% species bonus to flying distance! You gain 100% bonus Exp from flight related skills. You have flown 10.5m! 73.5 Exp earned, this is doubled due to your species bonus from Aerial Mini Slime! You have gained 147 Exp in Wings of the Fly!

This was incredible. It thought that it had been able to fly before, but compared to this, compared to the ease with which it could fly now? It had only been waddling about aimlessly before. It hardly had to make any effort, and it knew it was only going to get easier from here. It only wished it could fly more each hour, but its muscles tired too quickly, but it was gaining experience effectively three times as fast as it was before. So, it just needed to keep it up. It also really did need to find some enemies to beat. Otherwise it would be stuck forever at Aerial Mini Slime Level 1.

Since it could now effectively fly between adjacent trees, it kept up this pattern, keeping its Legs of the Fly manifested even during flights and continuing to Absorb and Digest between its short hop flights. Over the course of the next 12 hours and twelve tree canopies it made significant gains.

Eyes of the Fly has increased to Level 8!

Wings of the Fly has increased to Level 8!

Through Photosynthesis and Digest your Weight has increased by 105.6g your Weight is now 108.95g and your Volume has grown to 51.88cm3.

It had taken it almost a week to get to its previous size, so it was nice know that within 12 hours it had now regained about a third of what it had lost.

I suppose Consolidate wasn't as much of a hindrance as I had thought it would be. Good to know!

Wings of the Fly was also improving quickly. It had levelled, which meant instead of being limited to around 10.5m it could now do 12m before it needed to rest. While it was only a meter and a half, it was still an improvement that would grow with time and it was really happy with the progress.

It was when it got to the twelfth tree and was in the process of digesting that it encountered another creature. It was still Camouflaged as tree bark so it had not been noticed yet, but it was only a matter of time as the creature was padding towards Resh.

It did not look anything like the two creatures that had stepped on and almost killed Resh around a week ago. This creature was covered in dark green fur that blended well with the foliage around them. It also had what looked like pointed ears and sharp fangs in its mouth instead of canines. But it was small, maybe a little larger than Resh was before using Consolidate. Six paws with three very sharp looking claws on each held it to the branch. The claws were digging into the wood quite deeply and while Resh did not think the creature would be able to kill it, it knew those claws would really hurt, a lot.

Resh was not interested in pain of any kind and it did not have any pain resistance at all. It tried to subtly move out of the way of the creature from above the branch it lay on, to below it. Through a combination of Perception and Eyes of the Fly it knew the ruse had not worked. This six-legged beast was coming directly for it. As soon as Resh moved, the creature's eyes had locked onto it. Perhaps it was territorial and so it did not want anything else in its tree?

Run....or fight?

Resh took a moment to decide and that was enough for the creature to swipe at it with one of its front claws. When the claw descended...