Chapter 4

Song: What now? - Rihanna

KACELY

"Kace how were your practicals today?" Afi asks as I get into the house. I exhale and place my bag pack on the kitchen counter before pouring myself a drink of water.

"Kace?" She calls again and walks towards me. "Are you alright?"

"No Afi. The experiment didn't go well. While dissecting the guinea pig I punctured it's heart. That will really weigh on my grade and I was looking forward to an A in biology."

"Um... You do know I have no idea of what you're talking about right?" She giggles

"Never mind" I say and head to my room.

"Come on Kace, lighten up a little bit" I hear her say as I close my door.

During the biology practicals, I actually spaced out for a while. I was worried sick about where the hell she is and about the fact that the GCE practicals started today and she still isn't here! It's been three days since her disappearance was announced nation wide. How come no one has seen her yet? I don't understand.

Maybe Fusi was right, maybe she has been kidnapped. But if that's the case why haven't the kidnappers said anything yet? This is soo messed up. And now I screwed up my biology practicals. Luckily Az doesn't offer Biology so she has a chance to be here tomorrow for Chemistry practicals. She has to.

AZ

I can't keep staying in here, I'm slowly losing it. My head hurts and my stomach aches from hunger. I would call  room service but there's no room service in this dump. Also, I'm running low on cash so I don't have that luxury.
I feel so alone but there's no way I'm going back home. I hate that I miss them; Gramps, Kacely, Shura and I hate myself more for missing them.

Whenever I fall asleep, I see my mother and I hear her telling me to come and be with her. And when I close my eyes, I see the bloodied photos spread all over.
I even dreamt of being in the scene once. She was there, with the surgical knife in her hand and I lay in my crib, crying. She brought the knife to her wrist and I tried, I tried to stop her but she just looked at me and whispered "I'm sorry" before slitting her wrist.

Today, I had that dream again. But it didn't end with her dying, it ended with her stretching the knife to me.

"Take it baby, take it" she said and I shook my head in denial. "Yes, with this you can end it all. All the pain, you can finally be with me" she smiled.

"I don't think I want to" I cried

"Don't you want to be with me?"

"I do mommy"

"Then take it, this is the only way" she persuaded and I reached out for it. She placed it in my palm and stood there, waiting while still bleeding. I swallowed and brought the knife to my own wrist, but immediately I tried to cut through my flesh, I woke up and struggled for air. I know that the only reason why I'm having this nightmares is because of the circumstances surrounding the situation. They are all products of my imagination and frustration. And that's exactly why I have to get out of here.

I just need to get some air, even for a while. I hurry up, get dressed and leave the room. With my face masks covering from my nose below and my hood on, I descend the stairs and head out of the motel and take a walk.

I climb the mountain, it's rocky and somehow steep but I keep climbing, totally ignoring the pain I feel in my limbs. Moments later, I hear a what sounds like an engine approach me from behind. I stop and look down to see two guys in woven hats ascend on a motorbike. My plan is to ignore them but immediately they get to where I am, they stop and so do I.