Stay Calm - Barbatos

(Bit of an odd story but I'd like to think that Barbatos is really scared of rats. Whether it's because they're unsanitary or not, I'll let you decide)

(And I'm using (__) as a fill-in for something you're afraid of)

Barbatos is a peculiar demon, to say the least. Hardly anything scared him and if it did, you'd barely get a reaction. He's very calm and composed when put under pressure and even helps you relax whenever you were stressed. Which was a massive lifesaver. You never knew how he was able to stay so calm all the time, but you found it best to leave that mystery as it is.

One day you were coming over to help Barbatos bake some sweets. Apparently, Diavolo was having an important figure coming to RAD who had a massive sweet tooth. Some princess of a candied kingdom or something like that.

"I'm excited to make these sweets with you. They look delicious!" You said as you looked at the recipes. 

"I'm glad you're looking forward to it." Barbatos smiled as he tied his apron.

"Here, let me help you put the apron on." Barbatos offered.

You thanked him as he tied it around your waist. While you were busy looking at what the recipes needed, Barbatos pressed a kiss at the nape of your neck. You shivered at the touch of his soft lips making contact with your skin. He chuckled as you squirmed around.

"You're such a tease..." You said as you turned around to look at him properly.

"My apologies...did you want a kiss on the lips instead?" He said as wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Maybe I do..." You grumbled. He chucked before kissing your lips.

"I need to go get some pans for the cakes. I will be back shortly." Barbatos said as he left a ghostly kiss on your forehead.

You continued to look through the book, finding some interesting recipes you'd like to try to make for the brothers. Before you were able to get fully lost in your thoughts, loud crashes and clatters startled you.

"Barbatos? Are you okay?" You asked.

"E-Everything is fine my love...just stay where you are." Barbatos sounded off.

He hardly ever stutters or wavers in his tone, so you knew something definitely was up. Disobeying Barbatos' order to stay put, you cautiously made your way towards him. As you got closer, you realized he looked extremely tense, like he was frozen in place. There was only one thing that could make Barbatos this on edge...

Rats.

And unfortunately, there was a big one right in front of him. Barbatos looked like he was stuck in fight or flight mode, not knowing what to do exactly. You crept closer to him and stopped when you were an arm's length away.

"Barbatos...?" You quietly whispered.

He just stayed quiet as the color drained from his face. As much as you hated to say it, it was quite amusing to see how the always calm Barbatos reacted whenever there was a rat around or sometimes even the mention of one. The poor demon was terrified of the little rodents.

And it's not like you could blame him, even you had some things that creeped you out.

"Ah...do you want me to get little D to help get it out of here?" You asked gently.

"N-No...I would rather not be alone with...that." Barbatos pointed at the rat who was cleaning itself.

"That's okay. Um...why don't we use this jar to catch it?" You said as you picked up a jar that was on the table