48

The devastation of having someone important leaving me...that loneliness, that helplessness, I never want to feel that again. Be it in the third life or when Unnie took her own life...I wasn't able to do anything...I was useless but now...

"Are you going to leave it to me to do that spell?" Her clone asked excitedly. 

"There's a reason I asked you to learn it...but I never expected that the worst case scenario would really come." Luna sighed.

"Liar, you knew something will go wrong didn't you? That's why you made Davien create something to restrict Xander's ability. And you poured your own magic in it so it works since Davien's ability won't be able to work against another ability user."

"That recording stone will restrict both brother and Xander's abilities, since they're going up against an ability user as well, it'll make no difference." Luna shrugged. "I'll let you take over the body, hurry up. They're already going up against him long enough."

"I can't believe you trust me this much, I might just kill us you know?" Her clone giggled. "I will burn away our lifespan however I want."

"Go ahead, as long as he gets seal...as long as the people that are precious to me are safe...what else can I ask for." Luna smiled weakly.

She knew...her chance of surviving after casting this spell was slim but...this was her last resort, if everything went wrong...she would let her demons take care of the rest. It was risky...very risky. But there was nothing she could do now...she tried every method the past three days...

She's hurt so she can't keep up with the fight and Allen claimed that he was an immortal, this was the best choice to keep everyone safe.

"Ugh, that disgusting putting others before yourself personality. But I guess, that part of us is really selfish." She sighed.

Maybe it was the longing, maybe it was the fear of being alone or maybe it might really be the end...her tears rolled down her face, but she tried to keep her brightest smile.

She was empty...she was trapped before coming back to this world...trapped in the darkness...longing for acceptance and love. For them, she's their light...but for her, they were her savior.

"It might really be goodbye...it looks like I'm breaking our promise, Brother. Thank you everyone." She whispered not audible to anyone. "Then, I'll leave it to you. I'll be resting first."

Luna's eyes were already in their red form, but anyone could tell...the air surrounding her changed.

"Shall we get this party started?" The girl smirked. "Brother, Xander! Both of you come back! I'm hurt!"

They rushed over immediately, abandoning the fight.

"Luna, where-"

"Pft- you guys take me too seriously~" She laughed.

"You, why are you here?" Acacius narrowed his eyes.

"No time to answer you, both you get your asses back into the forest. I'll deal with cra-cra over there, alone." Luna said with confidence. "Don't worry, I got her permission."

"What are you going to-"

"Stop wasting my time, I have no obligation to tell you. If you don't go, I'll burn you into crisp as well. You wouldn't want the main Luna to wake up and see you guys as burnt potato chips right?" Luna paid no attention to them, she finally sighed with a weak smile "You don't want her to lend me this body for nothing right?"

"Make sure, she'll return safely to us." Acacius felt his heart tightened. He knew that he was only going to drag her down by insisting.

"I will, now go along children." Luna urged, pushing them towards the forest.