04.

Kai's eyes heavy with leftover sleep slowly fluttered open, uncomfortably squinting at the bright early morning light seeping through Megumi's transparent white blinds. He cautiously turned his head over to where the older black-haired boy was peacefully asleep, his long silky lashes delicately twitching at every breath he inhaled. 

Kai felt guilty for taking most of the space in Megumi's bed and disturbing his sleeping routine. He was sure deep down inside the older boy thought he was a burden. Having to take care of a child that wasn't even related to you in any shape or form whilst going out to battle creatures in the middle of the day must be tiring yet Megumi never expressed any complaints or annoyance at his presence. 

Kai lazily sat upright, the sheets over sprawled over his lower body ruffling with the movement and unintentionally pulling down Megumi's half which caused the older boy to drift out of a deep state of sleep, his dark blue eyes drearily shifting over to the younger boy.

"S-sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," Kai instantly apologized, his features stricken with guilt. 

"It's fine, I have to get up early anyway," Megumi dismissed his apology, pushing his body into a sitting position whilst rubbing his eyes with the back of his knuckles. "You can stay and sleep a little more if you want."

Kai's eyes slowly widened in surprise, unsurely blinking at the older boy's side profile. "Um, I-"

"Hey, look at my two favorite boys getting along!" 

Both boys jolted at the familiar peppy voice joining their conversation and directed their attention over to Gojo who was leaning against the wall with his arms folded against his chest, his usual black blindfold covering his vivid sky blue eyes. Gojo's eyes were so beautiful that it had caught the six-year-old off guard at how bright they were the first time the older man had showed him. He thought that it was unfortunate that they had to be hidden away.

"Whoa," Megumi grimaced, disapprovingly squinting at the white-haired man smugly smiling back at him, "how did you get in here without opening the door? And how long have you been here?"

"Of course, I used the door Megumi. I do have some manners, you know," Gojo stated, appearing mildly offended by Megumi's distrustful gaze. He pushed his body off of the wall. "I didn't think Kai would be sleeping with you," he grinned. "It's an interesting sight."

Kai's cheeks flushed in embarrassment at Gojo's teasing words, scowling down at his lap. 

"How can you be so cheerful early in the morning?" Megumi grunted, peeling the covers off his body and shifting to sit on the edge of the bed, a languid yawn escaping his lips.

Gojo spread his arms out in the air, beaming."The morning is the best time to be cheerful, Megumi! Waking up to the sun rising into the sky and appreciating it with a nice cup of-"

"Yeah, yeah, got it, Gojo-sensei," Megumi enthusiastically drawled, the difference in tone laughable. 

"Ah, also!" Gojo perked up, fishing out his mobile phone and waving it at both boys. His tongue goofily sticking out to one side whilst using his other hand to throw a peace sign. "I had to take a few commemorative photos of you both cutely sleeping together!"