Chapter Forty One

OMARI PACED BACK AND FORTH in the apartment

OMARI PACED BACK AND FORTH in the apartment. The minute he came inside, he sent Enrique next door to play with the neighbor. Joshua was upstairs sleeping in his room while Omari was pacing with dark thoughts crowding his mind.

He had taken his engagement ring off and already called his parents and friends and told them everything. He was done with Inola. The sane part of him was telling himself to pack some stuff and get out of the apartment. The other part of him didn't want too, the other side of him wanted to confront her despite how terrible of an idea he knew it was.

Ten minutes later Inola turned the key in the lock and walked inside. She saw Omari pacing and immediately knew something was wrong. She stomped her foot so he could look at her, but he didn't. Inola figured he must've gotten fired or something. Maybe after being shot he was slower now and not an asset to the company anymore.

They just got this apartment and if he couldn't find work, it was right back to his in-laws. She worked but her diner job couldn't provide rent money. Inola walked over to him and turned him toward her. She was speechless when she saw tears lining his eyes.

The minute they made eye contact, Omari had a change of heart. He wasn't leaving the apartment. She helped with a bill or two but he paid majority of everything else. His name was on the lease and she was the one in another man's bed. So why was he leaving?

"You pack all your shit and you and your kids get the fuck out of my place. Now." He signed to her, even his voice was shaking as he spoke.

What? Inola signed back, her heart racing. She would think he was playing, but it was hard for him to produce tears as a joke.

"You disgusting whore. I work day in and out for you and your kids and you're in another man's bed, getting fucked? I call your son to see where you were and he tells me you went over there because the nigga texted you about finding your ring and I walk in and see him fucking you with my kid in you! And no condom!" He wanted to spit on her but he was refraining himself.

Inola burst into tears, how the hell had he walked into that? How did she not see him? It now clicked when she was leaving the house, why the front door was open. She assumed French must've left the door open when he arrived. She had no idea Omari had been inside the house.

Inola grabbed his hand, Mari I'm sorry—

He yanked his hand so hard she flew to the side a few inches. "Get the fuck off me. Pack your shit and go, hurry up." He said.

Mari I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you. I didn't mean to do this, I don't know—

"I'm trying to warn you before I slap or punch you in your fucking mouth. Because that baby is what's saving you right now. But I'm getting real close to not giving a fuck. Get you and your kids things and get the fuck out of my apartment." He signed to her.