Chapter 9

"Knowledge has power. It controls access to opportunity and advancement."

"Understood master." Anakin added as he disconnected himself from the recent meeting. Looking around he spotted Rex checking over his gear, helmet off to the side. "Have you seen Ahsoka, Rex?" Anakin asked curiously, unsure as to where his padawan could have snuck off too.

"Over by the ridgeline, sir." Rex rebuffed, not daring to take his eyes off of his work. With a thankful nod Anakin begun to make his way towards the edge of camp.

The Republic Forces had decided to establish a small base outside the town of Primrose. A town not too dissimilar from any of the others, with a large railyard for the local produce. The young Jedi strode through the many rows of grey tents, passing by the concentrated faces of the clone battalion. Many of them were finishing up preparation such as weapon scrubbing for the morning to come. Some had already drifted off to sleep, exhausted by the long march and carry from the landing area to the town at the behest of Condor, the new commander of the 11th.

Anakin was concerned about the 11th, especially its Jedi padawan Daz Erbium. From what Anakin had picked up from Rex and the reports submitted by the 11th they had been down here fighting non-stop for about 8 rotations, day and night. What concerned him about Daz and his unit was whether they had been pushed too far. To lose your master before the campaign had even really started to then lose two entire regiments was hard. The constant battling had Anakin worried. He had seen many great clones come and go in the few short months of the war as well as lost many Jedi friends, so to be seeing so much death would be hard for any padawan, especially without a master to support him. Unfortunately, there was little Anakin could do, the Republic was planning to hold out against the UNSC ground forces if they couldn't defeat the fleet.

Coming to a halt, the young Jedi took a careful look around near the base of the mound that led steadily up to the nearby ridgeline. A top the ridge several bushes seemed to be sitting watching the camp peacefully. Anakin could have sworn the outlines weren't there earlier. The possibility of them being terran soldiers however was harder as some of the 11ths soldiers were defending the ridge on the other side. Deciding to take a walk up there later he begun to look for his padawan, spotting her among a group of steel crates.

Ahsoka peacefully sat outside the camp, data-pad in hand. Flicking to the next page her brain worked tirelessly captivated by the wealth of information. The next page seemed to hold tactics to do with the use of AT-TEs. Reading the scrawls and scribbles left behind by Charl, Ahsoka begun to understand her friend's frustration at the regulatory manners of Kenobi and the reckless nature of Anakin. What Ahsoka was looking at here were not only battle plans and operations but also standard operating procedures, things that would change the nature of the clone wars if it were to be put into practise.

Getting bored with the descriptions of the AT-TE Ahsoka quickly flicked to the next page. It seemed to describe procedures for night operations. Describing in detail ways in which a clone would move to remain hidden, or how to conduct an assault on an enemy position. She looked at it carefully, thinking of ways to suggest it to her two masters. Night operations were scarcely done by either the Separatists or Republic. Neither side had the patience, training or equipment to conduct them effectively.

Looking closely at how to engage a droid stealthily from behind, Ahsoka was oblivious to the approaching shadow of her master.

"Hey snips, what you reading?" Anakin chirpily asked from behind, scaring the togruta into throwing the data-pad high into the air. Turning to glare at her master the young padawan had failed to realise the light being emitted from her hidden space at the camp. "Did you have to frighten me like that?" Ahsoka screeched at Anakin. The master only shrugged her off, "If you hadn't been spending all day looking through that data-pad and instead went to training then maybe you'd have heard me coming." Spotting her loose data-pad the young master went to pick it up. "No, I can get it." Ahsoka hurriedly said reaching for the data-pad also. Anakin was faster.