34: Beauty & Essex

**chapter named after a good ass, but pretty irrelevant song lol**

•••••

**Kakashi POV**

I quietly closed the door to Y/n's room. She was fast asleep, and given the state she was in, I didn't want to wake her up.

I had barely even seen her lately, but watching her as she slept, I could easily tell how much everything had been weighing on her.

Even aside from the black eye, her face was sunken and pale. Her eyes held dark circles as though she hadn't slept in weeks. She looked so fragile.

I gave her a gentle kiss before leaving, but I really just wanted to let her get caught up on the rest she so desperately needed.

I was also going to make sure she had plenty to eat when she woke up.

I thought she had just been focused on Shikamaru, but now it was obvious she had been avoiding me since she knew I'd be able to tell she'd stop taking care of herself.

I love her so much. When was she finally going to realize she can lean on me for support? She didn't need to be alone anymore, I'm not going anywhere.

I walked back out into the front room of her parent's house. As soon as Shikaku sent an update to me, I rushed over here.

But now I had to be alone with her parents who didn't like me.

Y/n and I never did get to talk with them more about our relationship, so this would be my first time seeing them since she broke the news.

I tried to seem as calm and composed as possible when her mom stood up from the couch and stormed over to me.

Her mom was the one who was pissed about us being together, but I didn't think she'd lay into me the first chance she got... Y/n's right. She really is intense.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" her mom yelled.

"Y/n's sleeping," Shikaku mumbled out a lazy reminder.

"We deserved to know!!" her voice was only slightly hushed.

I shook my head, "I didn't know Itachi was watching her. Otherwise, I would've made sure she had more protection. Maybe we can ask Tsunade for an Anbu guard."

"What?!" she hissed. "I don't give a damn about Itachi! Y/n can handle him! I'm talking about your child!"

My whole body tensed up when she said that... Our child? What the hell is she talking about?

Her mom let out a snarky laugh, "Really? Now you want to get quiet?! Explain this to us Kakashi!"

"And you want to explain why Y/n's out there planting a lilac tree for your son all by herself?! Where the hell were you?!"

"Y/n should be resting! Not training with Shikamaru, not planning an attack again the Akatsuki. She should be grieving her loss and recuperating her strength! God a miscarriage at 3 months, why are you letting her run around like normal!?"

I felt my knees go weak as she continued to yell at me, my chest tightening up as I tried to force myself to stay standing.

Y/n told me how her mom would constantly just go on yelling without letting anyone get a word in, but holy shit this was awful. I didn't have any time to get my thoughts together.

"Kakashi?" my eyes finally looked up as her dad said my name. I hadn't even realized Yoshino had quit yelling, and I definitely didn't realize that I had started crying.