14.- UA Sports Festival: IV, When Ice Burns.

Honestly, it's been the hardest chapter to write so far.

I am sorry in advance. I'm also nervous but yeah.

BTW I REALLY, REALLY RECOMMEND PUTTING ON THE 3RD SONG. It has no lyrics, it's instrumental (GOT).

· · ─────── · SONGS · ─────── · ·

I. For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica

II. Cradles - Sub Urban

III. Spoils of War, Pt.1 -Ramin Djawadi

You can keep the 3rd on repeat until the story ends or you can choose to put the 4th one where it's indicated if you wish.

IV. Carry You - Ruelle, Fleurie

· · ─────── · I. For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica · ─────── · ·

There is an undeniable force and power every human being holds within themselves. A very common and pure thing that, due to its simplicity, is mostly forgotten.

The weight of words.

We could all brighten someone's day or shatter someone's dreams with a single word, a phrase, a sentence. The weight words hold is a superior force than we account them for.

Words could also prevent catastrophes, disasters, misunderstandings, and ruptures.

Oh, how much Todoroki regretted not being able to say such a simple phrase.

· · ─────── · · ─────── · ·

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

That was the stupid mantra that (y/n) kept repeating on her mind ever since Bakugou left. She stood there, on her side of the tunnel, looking down at her hands, opening and closing them in a simple exercise to regain her focus and stability, to connect herself with this world, to avoid losing herself in her mind.

The little exercise did help a bit, but it wouldn't erase the rising nervousness in her chest. She slowly walked forwards, counting her steps as she approached the exit.

1, 2, 3...

The irritating sensation and pain were still there but at least stable, manageable, or at least she thought. She focused her way onto the light brimming on the opposite side of where she stood in.

10,11,12...

It didn't matter, she could manage a little bit of pain.

16,17,18...

Despite the burst of chaotic energy and sounds around her, she could listen to her steady steps. The markings were no longer externally visible, but she could feel them beneath her skin and it irked her, she ached to scratch them off desperately, but that wasn't a priority as of now.

19....20

She was now standing just in the limit where darkness and light met each other, and she had to take the next step and fight. Yeah, right. Her priority was getting out of this match with both Venom and Shoto unharmed.