Chapter 4

Bex POV

Its 3 in the morning and I just stumbled into my apartment. Tonight wasn't too bad, only 2 creepy men tried to touch my ass and the bus ride home was pretty quiet. I pull my clothes off and change into an old t-shirt and underwear to sleep in, then wash off my make up and get into bed.

The highlight of my night was seeing Enzo, he has been my best friend since high school, he saved my life even if he doesn't know it. You see, I was trapped in a traumatizing household, my dad was an abusive drunk with a severe gambling addiction, mom was out of the picture. 

On the outside I always acted happy and kind, but I was absolutely broken inside. One day Enzo saw my bruises and scars, and started to look after me. He saved my life and now I can't imagine how I would escape that life without him.

Only problem is, two years ago when I finally moved out, at first into Enzo's mom's house, my dad went missing. The son of a bitch left all his gambling debts under my name. I have been able to make some deals and pay them off in increments instead of all at once, but it is money I don't have. I don't care if he is dead, although I kind of hope he is so he will never touch me again, but this sucks.

I graduated high school when I was 16, undergrad at 18, and grad school just last year all by myself. However, I took out lots of loans even with all my scholarships. So between all my debts, even working 2 jobs all day, I am barely scraping by. 

I live in this shitty apartment that even though I made it cozy, it is so small ,the heater barely works, the water pressure is close to being non-existent, and the pipes are so loud I can barely sleep.

Not that that matters anyways because my nightmares keep me up as well. That makes me think about my encounter tonight with Enzo and the boys. Enzo knows about my insomnia which is why we were laughing after that extremely hot guy, Marco, asked why I worked so much. 

Oh my god Marco. He was so handsome, just wow. And his eyes, shit I can't believe I told him he has beautiful eyes. I began to think about that as I toss and turn, trying to sleep.

The next morning I wake up at 8:00, quickly change into some cargo pants and a black sports bra, pull on a hoodie, and throw my hair into a ponytail, before grabbing my stuff and rushing out. I get some coffee at Starbucks and hop on the bus, arriving at the shop just before 9:00.

I say hi to Al and Joe before going to the back of the shop where I work and my office is. Al owns this shop, Joe is his husband and practically the VP. 

They are kind older men, who have always treated me fairly, and I feel like we have more of a friend relationship, than boss and employee. They work on common car problems that are brought in, whereas I do customs and repairs on vintage cars.

I am probably smarter than them when it comes to auto mechanics and physics, but I enjoy working with them, and I wouldn't take a job somewhere else. Not to mention the fact that many people don't want to hire a girl auto mechanic. 

I put on some music and start jamming out as I finish some repairs to the engine of an Alfa Romeo 8c, a beautiful car. 

"Don't act like you forgot, I call the shot shot shots," I sing as I work on this car, it is about 10:00 now. I am about to continue singing the next lyrics when I hear "ANGELLLLL!"

That is the nick name Enzo call me, so he must be here. I push out from under the car, well aware of the smudges on my face as I see he brought back his friends. This is so embarrassing, I can see Marco and his green eyes analyzing me.

I walk over and say, "Ah Zozo, looks like you do have enough brain cells to find your way to the shop." then I turn to the others nodding, "It's nice to see you all again, come with me," and I lead them into my office.

My office is pretty small, even smaller now that 6, 6 foot men are crowded inside. I have a huge whiteboard taking up one wall, a standing desk in front of a window at the back with my chair and then a few chairs for clients, and then the other wall is filled with a book shelf of papers, books related to physics and mechanics, and some photos of me and my friends, including Enzo.

I walk over to the whiteboard and grab my step stool and then turn back to the boys. I need the step stool because I am a solid 5'2, I hate it.

Enzo takes this as a cue and starts telling me exactly what kind of things he needs done to the cars, including details of the width, length, and weight of the gate, how many bullets to expect, the depth of the water, and the milage we will need for the cars to get through before running out of fuel. I am writing away all the calculations, the numbers just floating in my head.

When I finish I turn around and see Enzo grinning, the rest of the boys in shock at how I managed to make sense of all that information. I shoot them a small smile and say, "I can do it!"

Enzo looks at me grinning and then back at the guys and says "What did I tell you!"

Marco looks at me and gestures for me to sit down, and for some reason I do even though this is my office. He says in a deep, but sexy voice, "Clearly you're capable. If it is ok with you, I would like to have you work for me on this. It will probably take a lot of time so if you could come to our house at 8 in the morning until 5 that would be great. Tomorrow we can look at what materials will be needed to fix the cars. How much do you want to be payed?"

I mentally scoff at how intimidating and almost dominating he is acting, and then actually scoff when he asked me about payment. 

"Enzo asked me to do this, I will do it for free. I am not being payed for this. If I am working with you, I can't work here, but I can still rack up enough money at the bar to tie me over until this is done."

Marco looks at me, now not as intimidating, but with a look of concern almost. "Ok, how about after you do the job we can talk about this again?"

I smile and say ok. Enzo comes over and gives me a hug, muttering a "thanks Angel" before he steps away so I can shake the others hands. 

When I get to Marco and grasp his hand, a spark of warmth shoots through me. I look into his eyes and he is already staring at me, a smirk growing on his lips. I guess he felt it too, shit.

I quickly step away and turn around, hiding my blush. I walk them out and sigh, going back to working on the cars in the shop.