𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 21 │︎♚︎

"I have looked at you in a million ways, and have loved you in each."

♡︎

"But it's a girls day!" Kyra protested against Syfas' petty demands, her small little hands in tight fists.

"Well, he's a girl now." Syfas resorted causing Kyra to look over at the big burly man who had tattoos and scars littered all over his body. His arms crossed over his chest and his expressions as hard as rock.

"He is?" Kyra questioned, he surely didn't look like a girl to her but, each to their own.

"Yes!" Syfas said as it was the most obvious thing in the world, Slate remained unphased and continued to stare ahead.

He wasn't a girl, rather a well-trained warrior to accompany the girls to the mall.

Syfas wasn't going to risk the safety of the person he loves most in the world. And his sister of course...

Becoming Queen comes with it's benefits as well as cons, the cons being that many jealous and evil people will try to assassinate her. Doing whatever to try and hurt the King that wronged them in their eyes.

"Hmm." Kyra thought, her eyes fixed steadily on the sturdy muscular 'girl'. She walked up to him innocently, his eyes following her in caution.

"Are you a girl?" she asked, her mate behind her gave a pointed look in his direction.

"No, ma'am." he replied honestly causing Kyra to spin on her heels.

"I told you!"

"Ok, ok. He's your bodyguard, I just want to keep my beloved protected, ok?" He pouted, his glazed eyes searched hers for consent, his fingers running through her golden hair.

"Hm, ok then." she complied, planting a small peck on her mates cheek. "Come on then, Mr...Mrs?" she spoke wearily in hopes not to offend the statue in front of her.

"Slate." The man grunted and Kyra beamed in return, skipping her way happily to him.

"Come on Mr.Slate, we're going to be late." she sing-songed and giggled when it rhymed. She took his calloused hand in her own soft ones and they engulfed hers completely. She merrily skipped her way to the door, him trailing behind.

"Hey!" Syfas yelled, "no holding hands." he disputed and an evil glint overtook Kyras' face.
She stared at him for some time and he perished under her gaze, eventually surrendering and committed to her request.

"Fine." he scoffed like a child, evidently not pleased with the touching but if it meant she was safe... he'll allow it.

A blooming smile reappeared on her cheeks, her eyes sparkling with charm. "Thank you, Bunny. Bye bye!"

"Bye bye." he replied, giving her a soft wave before she continued to skip off with her bodyguard. His happiness levels fell deep into sorrow at the casualty of her presence, resorting back to the overwhelming labour of a King.

Nora, Lexa and another girl stood outside the castle waiting for Kyras arrival. To their surprise, she emerged with a rough looking man whose hand she held endearingly.

"Hello everyone!" she smiled as she got closer, realising she didn't know the newcomer. "Oh, hello."

"Kyra, this is my mate, Aylin Ren, Aylin this is my best friend Kyra." Kyra let out a loud gasp, her hand slipped out from Slates and smacked her cheeks.

"This is your mate?" she spoke calmly but her eyes gleamed with glee.

"Ye-"

"Eeek!" she squealed and attacked the unsuspecting woman with a hug. "You're gorgeous, Nora's been looking for her mate for ages!"